Tuesday, April 15, 2008
Still in ICU
Billy was maybe going to get out of ICU on Monday and then Monday they said today but he still needs to be in there. After he leaves his room he is in now he will need to go to a secondary ICU before he goes to a normal hospital room. Nurse Taylor told me that it's better for him to be in the ICU room he is now than a secondary one, because it's pretty much the same, and he knows Taylor and likes him and they have formed a bond. Monday morning when I went and saw Billy they had given him a sedative the night before to help him relax and sleep and the sedative in the morning made him a little loopy and hard for him to talk and pronounce words. It was scary to see him like that. He told me that he had a funny dream and that he was president of American Idol. He remembered things like me needing to pay the Target bill. He asked me the date and then told me that Juno & Alien vs. predator came out the 15th. He was loopy but pretty happy. They switched him off morphine to something else cuz morphine had given him nightmares. The one the switched him too was stronger than morphine. In the afternoon he thought he saw his dad and was having hallucinations and hearing things. He said that he was seeing red dots all over the wall. He said that his brain was going stupid. He didn't like the drugs. He said they were scary and made him feel very vulnerable. He told me that he couldn't do this, and he couldn't even get a drink. It was really sad. He had me put a towel over his eyes, but he said he could still see red. Even with his eyes closed. The nurse talked to his doctor on the phone and they decided to switch the drug again and not give him so much. It really helped a lot and he relaxed and went to sleep around 10:45. This morning when I called Nurse Taylor said Billy was feeling really down and really wanted to see Connor and wanted to see if we could work something out for Connor to see him. He got Billy in a wheelchair and wheeled him out to the patio and I was able to take Connor out there to see him. Billy's whole face lit up when he saw him and he said hey bubba. It was the happiest I have seen Billy since this whole ordeal. Today Billy was really tired and sad. I think he is getting depressed in there and who wouldn't in his condition. He was a lot more relaxed today and wasn't seeing red dots and hallucinating and stuff so that was good. He walked yesterday down the hall and today he walked even further. He is very determined too. Yesterday morning when he was still loopy from the sedative he said lets do this. stand up. It is a rough time and long hours in the hospital and I just want it to all be over but we will get through this trying time. I am starting to have a hard time with how much I am leaving Connor and not seeing him. I think I have seen him a total of 6 hours in the last 48. Over the weekend he didn't really notice but I think it is starting to take a toll on him too. He was so clingy to me after I picked him up yesterday and would cry if I put him down which is not like him. I think he knows something is going on he just doesn't know what. I am glad that he doesn't understand though and is young enough that it won't affect him and he wont remember. Thanks again every one for your comments, texts, etc. You all are helping me get through this!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hi Amber, I am glad to hear that things are going so good for BillY!
oh man your post made me cry. Thanks a lot. First of all Leave it to Billy to remember a TV or Movie release date. I am surprised in stead of wheres my ring being the first thing he said he didn't say did you record _____ whatever show was on. Second I am so sorry Connor is feeling so neglected I totally understand how hard it is for you. You are trying to be a good mom and wife and support and every role you have is being tested and I am sorry. You are doing such a great job hang in there this will be over soon.
We're still thinking of you guys and praying for you! That brought tears to my eyes when you talked about how Billy lit up when he saw Connor. It's amazing the impact our children can have on us. I can't wait {like you, I'm sure} until this is all over and Billy can be home again!
-Ashley
Good to hear things are going well for you guys. You are still in our prayers.
Post a Comment