Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Prayers answered!

Today we found out that Billy's tumors are benign! This is the most AMAZING news ever! On Wikipedia it says

A benign tumor is a tumor that lacks all three of the malignant properties of a cancer. Thus, by definition, a benign tumor:

  1. does not grow in an unlimited, aggressive manner
  2. does not invade surrounding tissues
  3. does not metastasize

Common examples of benign tumors include moles and uterine fibroids.

The term "benign" implies a mild and nonprogressive disease, and indeed, many kinds of benign tumor are harmless to the health. However, some neoplasms which are defined as 'benign tumors' because they lack the invasive properties of a cancer, may still produce negative health effects. Examples of this include tumors which produce a "mass effect" (compression of vital organs such as blood vessels)

That is exactly what happened. It produced a mass effect and got his blood vessels. Today was such a good day for Billy! He is doing so much better on the medications. He got his cathadar (spell?) removed. They got the pick line in and got all the iv's that were really heavy on his neck out. They took out another iv in his arm because the pick line is doing what it needs to do. He has less tubes and less iv's all together. He got moved to secondary ICU. The room is really nice and big. We miss Nurse Taylor already though. He got started on a liquid diet and is doing really well with it. He drank some broth, had some juice, and sprite, jello, and a pospcicle. Not all these things at once just this is what he had today :). He is doing really well at walking and wants to walk. He is going to the bathroom on his own and is excited about that. Seeing Billy today was like He's Billy again. He's back. He did a 180 and was happy, alert, and talkative today. His recovery is going well and I think it is all uphill now.

I can't tell you how happy I am that his pathology results came back and it is benign! It is a miracle, and a blessing. I am sooo so so grateful. I really believe that all of your thoughts and prayers and putting his name in the temple helped it be this way. I am so grateful to be surrounded by such good people. I have such amazing friends and family and I do not take it for granited!

I would like to pubically thank my Mom for watching Connor so much right now. He has been staying there and being tended by her all day and night pretty much. Also my mother in law. She tended him Monday and I could tell she was so exhausted. She just had surgery last Monday and I know it took a lot from her and I appreciate it so much! Connor has stayed their a couple nights through this whole ordeal as well, and I just appreciate you guys so much! Karri I appreciate u so much too. Thank you so much for visiting Billy every day and for watching Connor last week. Billy and I couldn't ask for a better friend. Clayton, Dad, Jenn Sekona, Ashley Mason, Dawn, Judy, Cristi, Mariann, Alex, and Ben thank you for coming and visiting Billy it means a lot! Everyone else that I didn't mention thank you thank you for your comments and prayers and EVERYTHING! Good day today :)

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

He did look great. I am so glad that things are working out so well. Bet he cant wait to eat real food, not that popsicles and jello aren't fun if your 5. let me know if you need anything.

Katie L. said...

I am so happy for you guys! We stopped and talked to your family in St. George and they gave us an update...but I don't think they knew this news yet! Congrats and get better soon Billy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...