Thursday, April 10, 2008

ICU

Wow what a day. I am tired and it has been a long day but I wanted to hurry and do a quick post to let everyone know what's going on with Billy. I am sorry that I do not remember all the technical terms and will do my best to explain. Billy went in for surgery at 5:30 a.m, but they didn't get started till a little after 8. They were trying to figure everything out and what they were going to take out. Billy's dad called me around 10 to tell me that they had to take out some blood vessels and so it was going to go a little longer and be 5 or more hours for sure. He also said that the Doctor was having a vascular surgeon assist him because of this. The next update I got from Bill was around 2 he said that Billy's vein was going through his tumor. Apparently it was a big important vein, and I dont remember the term for it. Anyways so they had to cut the vein to take the tumor out. Then they took out a small, unimportant vein of his other leg and used it to make a grid to reconstruct the important vein. He lost a LOT of blood. He is going to be in ICU and unconcious till Sunday. They are keeping him sedated because they are keeping his wound open. They are keeping it open because of swelling, and breathing, and other reasons. Their is like a vaccum in it so that it doesn't get infected. His wound is in his stomach and it is mighty big. The doctor said the tumor was the size of a grapefruit. His incision right now is the size of a cantaloupe. It's pretty nasty and then their is a black sponge over it. So on Sunday they will take him in to the operating room and clean out the wound. See how he is doing and if he is ready to leave ICU. If not he will still be in there Monday. He is really puffy and tubes and iv's coming out of him everywhere. Not a fun thing to see at all. It brings back memories when my uncle Duane was in the ICU at the same hospital and was in a coma. Not good memories. Not fun to see anyone in ICU, especially loved ones. I will keep you all updated. If you call me and I don't call you back don't be offended. I was on the phone non stop today and it got really exhausting. I don't mean don't call me by any means. Listening to everyone's messages and seeing how much you care means a lot, and is helping me get through this. I am so glad to have so many people that care about me and I promise that I will call or text you when I feel I am ready. I had a lot of people help me out today and it so nice to have such good friends and family and so many people that want to help. You realize who your real friends are through times like this. Love u all!

9 comments:

Ryan said...

We love you guys and if you need anything AT ALL, please let us know! Hang in there, this too shall pass, but until then... you're in our thoughts and prayers.

DAJP said...

I sure hope everything goes okay, I wish I was there to do something. I'm so glad you guys have family there for you. We are always keeping you in our prayers. Sure love ya!

Brent and Ashley said...

Amber,
Thank you for posting that and letting us know how Billy is doing. We hope and pray that everything goes well for him. I feel bad I'm not close enough to come over and see/talk with you! I hope the ward is bringing meals! I would be bringing you dinner left and right if I were there! Take care and know that I'm thinking about you!
-Ash

Katie L. said...

Stay strong and hang in there! We are praying for you! I am so glad that you posted that too because I have been wondering about him!

Sherry said...

We love you.

jennsekona said...

I feel like I am dittoing everything else everyone has written, but my thoughts and prayers echo. We love you guys, and I'm serious about Connor, we'd love to have him come play so you can do all the thousands of things you need to do. If roles were reversed, I know you'd do the same, so don't hesitate.

julie! said...

Nick and I keep your family in our prayers. We love you.

Nick and Amera said...

Best of luck with you guys at this time. We will keep you in our thoughts and prayes. We know you have a lot of help, but really, if you need anything just let us know

Mason Manor said...

Just wanted you to know we are praying for you guys. Keep the updates coming, we check in often. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...