Sunday, April 20, 2008

chuggin along

Billy got moved to a normal hospital room on Saturday. I am really glad that he got moved because that means he is improving so much but the room is tiny and the intermediate ICU room was big lol. I really just want Billy to come home, and he really wants to come home even more. I know that he needs to be in the hospital, and that I really don't want him to come home till he is well and ready. He really hopes he can come home by Thursday cuz of Lost lol. He still is so determined to go to Iron Man not this Friday but next. I feel bad because he is so bored. He is having a really hard time processing foods. Still on liquids and really struggling with it, and just doesn't really want to eat it. There is this walking chart at the hospital that says all the ways walking can help you and Billy showed me Digestion and it said Walking increases mobility, increases appetite, and relieves constipation or something like that. All 3 of those things are what he needs. He is doing really well at walking though and really likes to go walking. He doesn't even have to have physical therapy guys to hold on to anymore. He did lose some feeling in his leg from losing part of his nerve. He can't move it left. Right now it is easy to think of how we want things to be better but I can't help but think how much they could be worst! I just have to remind myself how lucky and grateful we are. I know that Satan wants me to feel like this sucks but I just have to keep praying to God and counting my blessings. It truly is a miracle that his results were benign and I really am humbled and full of gratitude because of it. Things could be a lot lot worst thats for sure! Billy really is doing well I am just ready for my husband to come home :)

7 comments:

Davis Family said...

It's good to hear that things are going good, hang in there, it's uphill from here. Good luck with everything, Love Jared and Melissa

prioritylandscape said...

Hey Am! You are such an example to me- you both are. This came on so suddenly, and look how far you've come. I couldn't believe when you said that the tumor was the size of a grapefruit! You both are amazing people. Please call me if you need anything. Love ya!

prioritylandscape said...

P.S. Love, Amber Prior and family :)

Wilkinson Family said...

you are so strong and a great example to others! I love reading your blog and seeing all the great posts! :)

Katie L. said...

I am so happy that everything is going so well! Keep up the awesome attitude, it makes all the difference in the world!

julie! said...

hey amb! just checking in-
glad to see Billy is jumping on the road to recovery. And I have to ask, just what is the Lost series about? I haven't ever seen it but everyone talks about it...
you'll have to have Billy fill me in (does he have internet access and a computer? that would fill up some time so he wouldn't be bored...he could update me on the LOST episodes)
love you dear!

Brent and Ashley said...

Keep hanging in there! I know how difficult it can be when your husband's away. Esp when they're hurt! At least there's a light at the end of the tunnel! You guys are almost there!!! We're just so glad, like you are, that its not cancerous.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...