Sunday, April 13, 2008

he's awake!

They took him in this morning at 7:30 and sewed him up and were done an hour later! They said the surgery went phenomonal and couldn't have went any better! They gave him something that paralyzes you during the surgery so that he wouldn't try to move or twitch or anything while they were operating. It lasts 3-4 hours so they had to keep him highly sedated back in the ICU so that he wouldn't try to come out of it or even start to at all. Around 3:00 they woke him up and around 4 took the resperation tube out. He did really good with the tube on and didn't fight it. The 1st thing he asked when he woke up is where is my wedding ring. They told him before they would just put tape on it and then they decided to take it off and he didn't know. That is so cute that he said that. Once they told him it was Sunday he remembered Desperate Housewives was on tonight. He loved Nurse Taylor just like I do and kept asking for him. He asked his dad to give him a blessing and asked if Nurse Taylor would do it with him. This morning while he was still out we were able to partake of the sacrament in the ICU, and they put it to Billy's lips. It was kind of different but really neat. Billy stood today while they changed the sheets isn't that amazing! I called after I got off work and talked to the nurse and was going to go and see him. She said that he has kind of been a basket case tonight and that it's because he is highly medicated. She said that she had just given him some sedative and he didn't want to go to sleep because he was worried he wouldn't wake up. She told him to just relax and that he needed to rest. She said that she told asked him if he wanted me to come see him and he said No, that he didn't want me to see him like that. Pretty sad. I know he will be better tomorrow though and that he was just so out of it today. She said that he said he missed me and connor. how cute. She said I could come if I wanted but he would probably be out of it and it would be better if I came tomorrow morning, so I decided to just come home and I will go in the morning. The doctor said he should only have to be in the hospital for a week now instead of 2 because of how good he did in ICU. That is good and I know his recovery is going to be hard but that he can get through it. Seeing him in ICU showed me how strong he is and what a fighter he is.

8 comments:

DAJP said...

I'm so glad he's doing well, and its going better than they thought it would and the surgery went the best it could go. I hope everything continues to go well with the healing and all. I know it will, with all the prayers and blessings he's had. Good luck Billy!

MJ said...

Amber, I have been thinking about your little family so much. You have been in our prayers and will continue to be. I'm so relieved to hear that things went as well as expected. What a scary experience for you, but I admire your courage. I'm sure it wasn't easy, to say the least. I called once and got your answering machine and totally thought you did the right thing by not taking many calls. Call me and when you feel up to it I would love to bring you two dinner. :) Love you!

Cristi & McKay Morley said...

Hey Amber, We have been thinking about you guys so much, we've fasted and prayed for your family a lot. I have been over to the hospital a couple of times but I just seem to always miss you. If you need anything please let me know! I can even tend for you if you need me to. Hang in there and hopefully I'll catch you one of these times! Good Luck

Elizabeth said...

I am glad that you have posted. For me it was therapeutic to be able to say what was going on and then people who read the blog knew that I would call or they could call later. I am so glad he is doing so well. We have been really worried for you both. I know its hard even when your not the one laying down. Please let me know what you need or if you just want to come over and sleep here you can anytime. Thanks for the updates.

julie! said...

Yeah Billy! We are so happy to hear he is up and kind of moving around:)
you are such a supportive wife Amb. We are keeping you in the Riley prayers.
love you dear!

Brent and Ashley said...

We're so relieved to hear he's doing better! Good for him!!! We hope the next couple weeks go smoothly and he heals quickly!

Amanda said...

Amber, I'm so glad everything went well and that Billy is doing so good! I hope the rest of his recovery time goes smoothly both for him and for you and Connor as I'm sure it's hard on you all. Good luck and if you need anything please let me know! Love ya!

Mason Manor said...

Billy sure does love you Amber! :) I am so glad he is doing well. It sounds like he is being well taken care of. Thanks for the updates. We are still praying for you and Billy. Keep the updates coming

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...