Friday, March 14, 2008
update
Billy had his consult with his doctor and a surgeon today and he is going to have surgery on Friday March 28th. He has it in 4 different places and they are going to remove all of them. It will be a 4 to 6 hour long surgery and he should be in the hospital for 5 days. It will be 6 weeks for him to heal he will probably take 3 weeks off maybe 4 and then it still is no heavy lifting and light work duty for a couple weeks after that. Sad because he won't be able to pick up Connor and Connor is still a baby and wants to be picked up. After they get it all removed they will send it in. They are thinking right now that it is not the bad kind and not the kind that will kill you. Hopefully they can just do the surgery and it will be gone and Billy won't have to do any chemo or radiation. We are hoping for the best but this surgery is not going to be fun. I am very grateful to have family and friends close by that I know will help watch Connor, and help us with whatever we need. I really think everything will work out for the best. Thank you everyone for your comments and support!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
We will pray that they get it all and that everything will go ok! I mean it when I say that I can take Connor any time!
Amber, adding one more to the group would not matter at all! Connor would love to play with all the kids! I only watch the girls 3 days a week. So I mean it...if you need me LET ME KNOW!! :)
Amb
you have been on my mind all day. Mom told me you called and are planning on coming Sunday-i would LOVE to see you!
We're still praying for your little family.
julie
Amber and Billie, this is Aunt Nadene, just want you to know, Connor is welcome here at all times, we even have a crib and a monitor so I will hear him at all times. You of course know your the favorites, so hang in there and think of all who love you and are praying for you.
Jon, Nadene, and the whole Cope bunch
Hi Billy and Amber, thanks for the comment on our blog. Your blog is darling, Connor is getting so big. What a fun age, huh! We just heard the news a couple days a go. We wish you the best of luck with everything, and know that you are in our prayers!! Jared and Melissa
Amber- I am just getting caught up on blogging and was reading about your husband. I am so sorry to hear about all of this but it sounds like things are looking postive. I will be praying for him. Keep us updated, and if there is anything we can do, please let us know!! Best of luck!
Post a Comment