Thursday, March 6, 2008

bad news

so today we found out that Billy has cancer. the form he has is called sarcoma here is what wikipedia says A soft tissue sarcoma is is a malignant (cancerous) tumor that develops in mesenchymal tissue. Mesenchymal tissues encompass all the muscle, connective tissues, and bones of the body.

Soft tissue sarcomas can invade surrounding tissue and can metastasize (spread) to other organs of the body, forming secondary tumors. The cells of secondary tumors are similar to those of the primary (original) cancer. Secondary tumors are referred to as "metastatic soft tissue sarcoma" because they are part of the same cancer and are not a new disease.


He will get a cat scan on Monday to see if it has spread, and then they will do a consult on Friday. At the consult they will decide what they are going to do, and then we will go from there. I feel like all of this is a movie I am watching and that it's not really my life. I guess reality hasn't sunk in yet. It is just so surreal right now. It's so weird because I know people that have had cancer but I never thought it would happen to Billy or I, or could even imagine it, and I still can't imagine it and it's happening. I just hope I can be strong for him, and support him. I am so grateful to have such great friends and family. We haven't even started the hard part yet, and we are getting so much support, so many offers, and just genuine concern. We have got a rocky road a head of us but I know that we will make it, and get through it.

7 comments:

Jill said...

Amber- We will pray for you and your sweet family. Let us know if you need anything.

Mason Manor said...

Hey Amber and Billy
We just wanted you to know you are in our prayers. We'll keep checking in for any updates.
Ashley and Dan and Hannah

A.J. and Ashley said...

Amber, Stay Strong and try to think positively. If you need to talk to someone I'm always here for you. You are in our prayers. Love ya!

Katie L. said...

Amber & Billy, you both are so strong that I know you will be able to get through this. You will be in our prayers and if you need ANYTHING please let me know! I am always around so I can do whatever you need!

julie! said...

Hey Amber & Billy
we are thinking of you.
we love you guys

Breanne said...

Sorry to hear that. Know that we are praying for you.

Kylie Jo said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the cancer! It was hard enough to think of my dad with it, but one of my close friends too! I really am sorry and if you ever need anything you have my number. It takes me about ten min. to get to your house and I will be there. I wish you all my best and you are in my prayers always!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...