Friday, January 2, 2009

New Year, New Bed!

I hope everyone had a very Happy New Year! I can't believe it is a New Year already! We definetly had some ups and downs in 08' but overall it was a great year! Connor has made our life so much more fun and now he is going to be 2 on the 29th of this month and I can't believe it! It is so fun watching him take everything in and learn new things. I hope he keeps his desire to learn forever! Billy and I had talked about getting Connor a toddler bed. He said that Connor could have his old bed which is a single bed. I was fine with that. I was at work yesterday and he calls me and says their is a Cars Toddler Bed on sale for $50.00 and asks if he should get it. He said that his bed is pretty big and so we decided to get it and wait a few years for the bigger bed! Of course new bed means new decorations! We have decided that we are going to decorate his room Pixar. Here is what we have so far.



Billy actually got this picture of Violet a while ago. It is Pixar so it is in Connor's room now! Lol I know they are both girls but hey at least they aren't Disney princesses.


Billy got some Wall Car's stickers to go above his bed. I think they are pretty cute!



The bed!!


When I got home from work I asked Billy if Connor had had a nap and he said no. He said that he won't stay in it and just comes out, and that he thinks his new bed is a new toy. I decided to try and of course he did get up and come out after about 15 minutes. I decided to just keep putting him back in his bed. I would just talk to him about how this was his new bed where he needed to take a nap and not to get up. He got up about 3 more times and then after the 3rd time I heard him crying a little and then he went to sleep! Only an hour after I had started trying....he sometimes would play in his crib for an hour till he went to sleep.


Here he is asleep in his new bed. I told him that it is his big boy bed so he calls it boy bed.

I figured that since nap time was a battle bed time would be too. I talked to him about staying in his bed and not coming out again. I also told him not to come out in the morning to wait till mommy came and got him. Well he didn't go right to sleep but he did stay in...well his room. I don't think he stayed in his bed when I put him to bed because I could hear a lot of racket. He didn't come out once though and was asleep in his bed an hour after I put him to bed. If he got up and played with toys I think that is fine at least he didn't come out and he got in his bed himself and went to sleep after. At 7:30 this morning I could hear him I went in there and he was just playing in his bed. He didn't even get out of his bed he waited for me just like I asked him! I am sure there will be some ups and downs with this new transition but I am so proud of him for his 1st night not coming out once!




On to New Years Eve! Billy was supposed to work till 9:00 and I was a little disappointed because I had to work at 6 am the next day and so not planning on staying up till midnight. Sorry folks I know I am a part pooper but getting more than 5 hours of sleep seemed better to me than yelling "Happy New Year!". He was able to trade and work in the morning so we went to a party at The Holdaways. I left with Connor at 9:30 even if I would have made it till midnight he would have barely of made it another half hour. We had a lot of fun there was GREAT food and some major Guitar Hero World Tour action going on. Connor needed my attention so I didn't get to play much but I still had fun.



Sorry for some reason the lighting at there place was really bad on my camera. I tried to fix it on Photosmart but it didn't really help. I had to put the pictures of everyone playing Guitar Hero though!


I know the lamp makes the lighting worst.


Connor looking at a book. Liz had these Tail books that Connor loved!


Thank goodness for the letter magnets! Connor loved playing with their letter magnets.

They just got a new dog that they named Daisy. She is sooo cute and little! She is only 9 weeks old and seemed very good to me.


I thought I would throw this picture on here cuz Connor looks so dang cute in it!



Here is my little dancing machine! He loves to dance and sometimes dancing to him is just spinning. He loves to spin as well! I thought this was cute though so I thought I would share. He is dancing to his Pooh Christmas book that my mom got him for Christmas. I love how he says a dance while he is dancing. He always says I falled when he falls. He's so funny. Another funny thing he just said today. He was throwing his balls and would said "ball, catch" as he threw one. He was throwing it to no one just the air but it was so funny cuz he said ball catch.

8 comments:

Brent and Ashley said...

Good luck with the toddler bed! Ethan's in a "big boy bed" too. I am too lazy to blog about it I guess!! Happy new year!

The Gwilliam's said...

Love the new bed and decor! We are doing Harper's room just like that, the cars toddler bedding and we are going to even paint his room in cars colors, We have a toddler bed that we need to move into his room, but i wasnt sure how the transition would be either. Where did your husband get those Cars stickers that you have on his walls? I want them for Harper's room! I think we are going to move his bed in this weekend or maybe next weekend, i want to get his room painted first, then get the bed set up.

Amanda said...

So fun. I'm glad you guys had a fun Christmas and New Years. I love Connor's room - way cute.

Elizabeth said...

Big boys beds are so fun especially cars ones.. We dont think you are a party pooper we totally understood. for the time you were there is was fun so dont even worry.

Rowley's said...

Hey! I'm glad you found me! I can't believe how big Connor is! Aubrey seriously was his age when I saw you guys last. You guys were so good to her, by the way and I really appreciate it! She started sumbeams today. It's craze how fast time flies! I'm glad you guys are doing well. Keep in touch!

Unknown said...

I wanna be Conner, he has way to much
'fun stuff', and he's dad's in a rock band. I might be a little long for he's bed, but I can pull my knees in a little. Actually this blog is really cute. I'll have to thank Aaron and Sarah because I saw it from their's, I didn't know what a blog was before that. Hopefully i'll see you when Zak gets home. I'll be staying at Sundance so I'll be closer to your side of the mountain. Wanna have a band playoff?, I've been practicing, I'm pretty good on the drums so you better have your game on.

DAJP said...

That is so much fun that you got him a toddler bed of Cars. Jackson just loves Cars too, such a boy thing. I hope that you don't have problems with Connor getting up and coming into your bed in the middle of the night since he'll be able to now. We had to stop Jackson from doing that so he wouldn't think he always could. Fun bed!

Jinger said...

So cute I bet he loves that new bed! I can't wait to have kids at that stage! How much fun!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...