Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Connor is turning 2!

My BABY is turning 2 in 2 DAYS! I seriously can't believe it! Holy cow the time has flown by of his 1st 2 years! I remember freaking out when he was turning one thinking where has my baby gone? Well now that he is turning 2 he really isn't a "baby" anymore. Now that I have experienced the 1 to 2 I feel like he still was a baby but was developing in to a toddler. He was a pre toddler to me lol. He seriously is a little boy now. Just looking at him he does not look like a baby anymore or even a little toddler. He looks like a big boy and that's what he is. Of course he has always been tall so he looks like a 3 year old but now he talks and acts like well a 2 year old. This milestone is bittersweet to me. I am so excited to see what is to come and enjoy the ride with him but I am so sad that I really am losing my baby and he is growing up at the same time. He learns so much every day and his desire to learn increases my desire to teach him. He knows his ABC's, and can identify all upper case and lower case letters. He calls lower case ones baby and then whatever letter it is (ex.baby n, baby t) He now can say W lol but I love the shhh that he says too. He knows all his shapes, colors, can identify numbers 1-20, and can count to 13 with out messing up. After 13 he says something like 16, 20. He knows he is turning 2. When you ask him how old he is going to be on his birthday he says 2! He can tell you a word that every letter starts with. Some letters he knows more than one word like A he will say Apple, Acorn, or Alligator. He has little people animals that came with a zoo and it gave you A to Z animals so every animal has a letter on it. One day he had his hippo and saw the H on it so he said H Hippo. He figured out that all of them have letters on them so now has memorized them. He knows other words what they start with from his ABC books and flash cards. Sometimes he will say the ABC's and say them A Acorn B Ball C Cat D dog and go all the way through it is so cute! My favorite is X X ray fish due to him having an x ray fish as part of his little people zoo lol. People are always so shocked when they hear him identify a letter or say his abc's and they ask me how old he is. When I say he is not even 2 they are literally shocked. They assume that he is older because he is so tall and so smart. They ask me if I really work with him and what I do and my answer is he just loves letters, and it is so true. Most little boys are obsessed with trains, or cars. My little boy is obsessed with letters and I am ok with that :). His favorite toy right now is his letter wooden blocks. He always says play blocks and just loves to sit and turn them around and say the letters, numbers, and picture on them. He is now speaking in full sentences. He is so fun to talk to and listen to. He is starting to say really funny and cute things. He was looking for the moon last night and one morning when he was looking for it I told him the moon was still asleep. He couldn't find it last night so he said Moon Moon. Where moon? Moon still asleep. He kissed my "owie" the other day and after said "all better". I love that he eats up everything I say to him. He loves FRUIT. Bananas, peaches, bananas, and apples are his favorite. He asks for an apple every day. He loves peas, corn, and beans. He loves to play with his ABC animals and lately likes to sit in the tote and play with them. He LOVES books. He will say read books mommy and brings me like 4 books. He loves playing with my sister Jaqlyn who is 6. She is probably his only friend lol and she is a very good one. She is so good with him and just adores him. He loves Blues Clues, Baby Einstein, Play with me Sesame, Sesame Street, Barney (sometimes), Baby Genius, and any show on the Baby Boost channel on On Demand. In the morning when we get up he says "Ge Ge. Ge Ge". Which is Baby Genius but he says it for any of the Baby Boost shows he loves them all. He loves to sit at the table in his booster seat with his flash cards, magnets, and computer. Oh and a snack :). He loves to dance, spin, jump, and run. As soon as I start singing a nursery rhyme song like Old McDonald had a farm he starts spinning and dancing. He loves those type of songs! He knows all the parts of The Farmer in the Dell so when you say the farmer takes the he will say wife! and so on. He knows all the words to a lot of songs but doesn't sing them yet. When I pause he just says the missing word. He does the same thing with his That's not my monster book I say That's not my monster it's tail is too and he says "fuzzy!". He LOVES baths and gets so excited when I say "You want to go take a bath?". He literally runs to go upstairs as soon as I say that. He has started saying everything with my before it my blankie, my book, my juice...definetly a 2 year old thing to do! Ok I will stop now I just wanted to share some fun facts about my almost 2 year old. He is energetic, happy, funny, loud, and I just can't get enough of him!


On Sunday we celebrated Connor's birthday with my family. We went to my Grandma Davis's and had cake.


This is baby Lydia. She is my cousin's Kelly and Austin's new baby and is 2 months old. She is so cute!


This is Kelly and Austin's little girl Fiona. She is only a month younger than Connor and is adorable!





My Aunt Nadene with her grandbaby Lydia.







As you can see Connor thoroughly enjoyed his cake. He was just laughing the whole time I was taking pictures. Usually it's hard to get him to even look at me. Guess it was the cake!






In this one I told him to say Cheese so he is. He just isn't looking at me lol.


As you can see I have pictures and I just blogged about losing my camera. Billy got us a new one on Friday hurray! I really can't live with out one and we of course had to have one for Connor's 2nd birthday! Our old camera was a Nikon Coolpix and our new one is a Casio Exilim. We really like it we are just still figuring out how to use it.

Saturday night we were able to go to the Draper Temple Open House. It was an amazing experience and the temple is beautiful! The celestial room was breath taking. It was a lot of fun and I am very glad that we got to go. I can't wait to go through when it is open. The church had the whole thing very organized and it was a great experience. I feel so lucky to have so many temples close to me and sometimes take it for granited.

4 comments:

A.J. and Ashley said...

What a smart kid! Happy Birthday Connor!

The Gwilliam's said...

Did you take Conner with you to the temple open house? We are going to go but not sure if we should take harper. how long did it take you to go through it?

Anonymous said...

Has he said lamborghini or Nissan to you yet? I am the coolest aunt ever!! He really is so fun!!!!

James and Cassidee said...

Happy Birthday Connor! I love his crazy hair..... reminds me of someone I know :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...