Sunday, November 30, 2008

Hawaii!!! Beware really long post!

We are back! Actually we got back Friday night I just haven't had time to post for now. We had a lot of fun. Definetly had some bad luck and some obstacles but overall it was all worth it and the obstacles just make for more stories and memories. I was going to put just a few of my favorite pictures and the rest in a slide slow. The few turned in to A LOT so sorry. I just want to be able to have a picture for everything I did. A picture has to go with a story right? We left Thursday morning November 20th and came home the 28th. Our flight was supposed to leave at 8 am but got delayed till 12:30 p.m. It wasn't too bad though we ate breakfast at Burger King, and we got to see my cousin Sherry, and her family. The Hughes, a family in my mom's ward went with us to Hawaii. I used to babysit 3 out of the 4 kids. There kids are Alli 16, Morgan 14, Sydnie 10, and Nate 8. It is fun for my sisters cuz they are all around there ages so they are all friends and have fun together. They are such a cute family!

Here is me and Kailey with Sherry's baby Holland. I had never seen him and am glad I got to see them at the airport even though it wasn't for very long.

The next road block we hit was our luggage got lost. We waited for an hour for it and found it that 13 bags had been lost. 13 bags was how many we had lol. How random is it that it was all our bags? How would they even know The Hughes were with us? Bad luck I guess. They told us it would be at our airport between 8 am and 1 pm and they gave us all a bag with like a comb, toothbrush, tshirt, and a couple other things. Friday morning we went to the Hukilea Cafe. Oh my gosh they have the best pancakes EVER! We went twice and I got french toast the 2nd time and it was amazing too! I love this place it is right across the street from our house and the service there is great too.


50 first dates was filmed here!
After The Hukilea Cafe us girls and Nate Ashley's 8 year old son went to Twilight while the men went to the airport and got all our luggage. All but Morgan, and Nate's bags which didn't come till the next day. Oh my gosh I LOVED Twilight!!! It was so amazing and I want to go again and again lol. I think the characters all did so well and portraying the book characters and it just had the right mood/feeling to it. The only bad part was that I sat next to Jaqlyn my 6 year old sister who asked 100 questions to my mom during it. She said she really liked it though and I heard her playing in her imaginary world saying like and Edward fell in love with Bella and they lived happily ever after or something like that lol. Friday night we ate at Pizza Bob's yummmy!

The 1st couple days the weather was pretty bad. Saturday it rained and rained and rained. We went to The Swamp Meet during the rain. When I had gotten dressed that morning I put on jean capris and t-shirt. I went downstairs and saw everyone had swimsuits and swimsuit cover ups on so I went and changed. I was sooo cold at the Swamp meet and regretted it so bad! It was the only day it rained luckily and it got warmer and sunnier every day. Our beach at our condo always seemed to be windy but it was still warm. After the Swamp meet we went and ate at Cheeseburger in Paradise and shopped around the shops at Waikiki for a little while . Had to hit the ABC store of course lol. My family is obesessed with them!

Sunday we went to church and then had Thanksgiving! We figured that since we weren't doing anything that day we should have it and then Thursday go out and do something. It went really well and my husband pretty much prepared it all! He did have help but he was definetly running the kitchen. He did a great job and it was delicious! Especially his pumpkin pie!


Here he is at work in the kitchen.

Kailey workin on her yummy dessert. It had pudding, reeses pieces, and vanilla wafers.


After we ate we went to Shark Cove and walked around in the water and saw lots of cool stuff. We saw lots of sea urchin, a star fish, water slugs, fish, etc.

Sea urchin

Shark's Cove

On Monday The Men went to Pearl Harbor and us girls including Nate again stayed home and played at the beach. We had fun boogie boarding and playing in the waves! Our beach gets HUGE waves! I definetly got caught by more waves than I caught but I had a blast! We didn't have a car cuz the men took the van so we walked to Subway for lunch. After Subway we got a Shaved Ice. Hawaii has the best shaved ice!

Jaqlyn being a cutie at the beach


Tuesday we went to Turtle Bay. We hit obstacle number 3. My dad was parking and he was backing up in to the parking spot. He backed right in to a tree and shattered the back window. Luckily no glass got on anyone and no one got hurt but my poor dad was pretty embarassed. Billy went with him to an auto glass shop and it was by "The Other's Village" so my dad was nice and they went there. For those of you that don't know The Other's is from Lost and Billy is obsessed with Lost. The whole time in Hawaii he would point out things and say it was from Lost. The next day my dad saw John Locke from Lost in Foodland while Billy waited in the car cuz of the broken window. He was sooo mad lol. Anyways the sun was finally out the day we went to Turtle Bay. It had been warm of course the whole time in 70's but we had not seen the sun. It was so nice! We did some snorkeling and relaxed at the beach.

Aren't we a cute little snorkeling couple haha right.



Wednesday we went to Hanuma Bay. It is a really fun beach that is known for it's snorkeling. I saw a lot of cooler fish at this one but had a harder time snorkeling here than at Turtle Bay. The rocks and coral are really really tall and I am not a pro snorkeler and have a hard time swimming over top of them. I got scared and went back to the beach lol. It was a little colder this day and the sun was not out as much. After we went to a restaurant called Senor Frog's or if you ask my mom she will say Senor Pedro's or Pedro Frogs lol. We don't know why she likes to add pedro to it she is so silly. This restaurant was sooo much fun! I had a blast and it was by far my favorite one we went to. The food was great too!


In the car going to Hanuma Bay.

This is Allie Hughes. She is gorgous and has a model body.

Senor Frog's! They made us all balloon hats!
Allie and her mom Ashley

Kailey, Me, and Taylor kareokeing! We sang RESPECT! We probably made fools of ourselves but we had a blast!


Thursday we went to Waimea Beach and this is now my favorite beach in Hawaii! It was sooo fun the waves are so big and they come all the way up to the beach! We had so much fun body surfing them. They just pull you back and forth it is awesome! One time I body surfed one and then there was another one right behind me I tried to run up the hill on the beach but the wave caught me and I landed hard on my butt. People were laughing that don't even know me it hurt lol! It was really funny watching my dad. He didn't really know how to catch the waves but they knew how to catch him. He got "wiped out" a ton of times. This day was also beautiful weather. The warmest and sunniest day we had while we were there. It would have been a perfect if I wouldn't have gotten the worst news. Too you all this might not be bad news but to me it was. I was in the water and Morgan tells me that Billy needs me my flight was cancelled or something. Those words were like listening to them but not real. I was like your kidding me? I go over there and Billy is on the phone with delta. Due to mechanical problems our flight was cancelled that night. That flight that was supposed to get me home at 7 am the next day so I could work at 3:30 pm on Black Friday and close. The only reason my boss approved my time off was because I said I would be back to work Black Friday. I could not believe it. She gave me crap like you better not have any delays and I of course didn't think my flight would get cancelled. I NEVER call out for work I have perfect attendace. I have called out once in my 5 years there. Anyways the next flight to Salt Lake City wasn't till 11:30 am the next day having us arrive in Salt Lake City at 8:20 p.m. I couldn't believe I had to call out on Black Friday the busiest, most impotant shopping day of the year. I know it was not my fault and I had no control over it, but I still felt so bad. I was worried everyone would be bad at me when I went to work Saturday but everyone that talked to me was really nice and understanding phew lol. Anyways so that is about it for my Hawaii trip! It was all worth it and I had a blast!


Playing in the water at Waimea Beach.



Update on Connor. He is now 22 months! He turned it yesterday on the 29th. I can't believe he is almost 2! He is so fun and smart and such a good boy! He was very good for my mother in law. He did get sick though...yes another bad thing happened lol. He got croup. He had never had it and I had heard about it and felt so so bad. It is so horrible to hear that your baby is sick and not be able to take care of him. I also felt bad that my mother in law had too. She said that even with being sick he was so good though and didn't get very fussy. They had to take him to insta-care on Sunday and they gave him 2 shots and put him on 3 antibiotics. One of the shots was a steroid shot that really helped his breathing instantly. He also had an ear infection so one of the antibiotics is for that and that is the only one he is still on. I got to talk to him on the web cam a couple times. He didn't really get it but it was good for me to see him. Our flight going home took off an hour late so we didn't land till like 9:15 p.m. Billy called his mom when we landed and she said he was still awake so he told her to keep him up till we got there. We didn't get there till 10 which is WAY past his bed time but I have never seen his face light up as much as it did when he saw me. He did this like hop jump with this huge grin on his face and then ran to me and gave me the hugest longest hug! Oh how I love that boy! Ok this post really is almost over I promise lol. Here are just a few more random pictures that I like.

Our Condo! It is HUGE it has 8 bedrooms! It is awesome. Even with 13 people staying there Billy and I got our own room and bathroom.


Morgan, Taylor, and me. Don't ask what I'm doing lol. I think I was using Taylor's leg as a guitar.



Billy

My hubby using a towel as a scarf

Temple at night
Temple in dayMy momARG I'm a pirate! lol.
My model picture ha
Here is the slide show of what I didn't put on here!

6 comments:

The Griffin Crew said...

wow it looks like even though you had a few set backs it seems like you had a ton of fun!!

Elizabeth said...

Wow looks like so much fun. I Loved Twilight too and want to go again so lets leave the kids with the boys sometime and go again.. Sorry about the luggage glad it all worked out though. it was fun seeing on my looped map where billy was even if I was and am totally jealous.

Old Main Photography said...

Awesome! That is so great, Am. I'm glad you had a great time (and I bet if I had been running up the beach with you I would have fallen on my butt too, lol!) :) Glad you guys are back okay!

So you liked Twilight, huh? I didn't! I want to see it again though. love ya!

Auger Family said...

Super jealous! It looks like you had a blast! I told your mom I am going in 6 years!

The Gwilliam's said...

Looks like you had alot of fun! We were there in 2006 when i was 8 months pregnant, im sure you had a great time with out your little boy, but glad to get home to him since he was sick.

hairprincess said...

How freaking fun I tried to avoid looking at your hawaii pics cause I knew I would be freaking jealous which I am! haha its sooo cool you went and got to see the Lost stuff I am obsessed with Lost too! That is cool I am glad you got pics! Poor Billy I would be mad missing that too haha:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...