Sunday, November 16, 2008
Success!
Billy had to work today but Connor and I decided to go to church. I like to sit on the right side close to the back and of course at the end of a bench because I always have to take Connor out. If we scoot all the way in then other people sit at the end and it is hard to get out. Anyways so we get there and the only ends of benches on the right side are up in the front. The furthest back was like the 4th row. Way to close to the front for us. So I decide to sit at an end of a middle long bench close to the back. It worked out pretty well besides that Connor would go down to the people next to us and say HI very loudly. He did this to the people behind us as well. The success part of my title though is that I did not have to take him out once! It was not easy and stessful and he wasn't that good but good enough that we made it through! Besides him dropping a couple toys on the bench in front of us and screeching a couple times until I gave him something to make him not he was good. Good for Connor being good anyways ha. His Christmas little people flap book, and bag of little people toys saved me. The toys entertained him for so long. He enjoyed standing them all up on the pages of his book with it open, and putting them in the slot where the hymn books go. Ok so that definetly was a success but there is another success for the day that was an even bigger one. So most of you have read what I have wrote about Connor not staying in nursery with out me a while ago. Well it stayed that way. Last time I went I didn't even try to leave. This time I was determined to leave after Sunday School was over and go to relief society. I knew that if I didn't go that I would just be stuck in there with him forever and the longer I wait the harder it will be. I left when the 5 minute bell rang and checked on him 3 times before I went in to relief society and he had not cried or looked for me at all and was just playing. I was amazed because the last time I tried to leave he was crying at the door 2 minutes after I left and I stood by the door for a few minutes waiting for him to stop and calm down and he didn't. Anyways so I go in to relief society nervous but proud ( I am going to be such a wreck when he goes to kindergarten!). I wait about 15 minutes and then go out to check on him. A friend in the ward luckily was outside the door and she gave me an update. She said that he had a meltdown by the door for about 5 minutes and then they calmed him down and then a kid took a toy from him and he cried for a few minutes and the only person that could calm him down was one of the nursery leaders that is a guy. She said that he is fine now and having snack. I looked in and saw him sitting at the table with the guy kneeling next to him by the table. I went back to relief society and about 10 minutes after I get back a friend in the ward; Angie Smith who I was sitting next to went to go check on her son who is in nursery. She came back about 10 minutes later and said Connor is fine. I couldn't help but smile I was so happy. What an accomplishment! The lesson went a little long and we didn't get out till 5 after. I was a little nervous that he would be crying because I figured that when everything was done and he was just waiting he would cry. I was right. He was standing by the door crying. I went in and one of the nursery workers said he has not been crying the whole time, and that it was just when everything was done. I was right. Motherly instincts :). Ok well I am proud of him and I know that every time I leave it will get a little easier cuz he will know I am coming back. I am going to be leaving him for 8 days here in 4 days when we go to Hawaii. I am so excited to go to Hawaii and not have to worry about him but at the same time I will worry about him of course. The longest I have left him is probably 24 hours and now I am leaving him for 8 days. I know that Billy's mom will take good care of him and I am leaving him in good hands. It will probably be harder on me than him. I still of course am so excited for Hawaii! yippee!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
First I am SO jealous of you Hawaii trip! Have fun.
Second YAY, I remember the first day we made it through Sacrament meeting, it was such a great feeling!
We are still doing good in sacrament too. We however sit in over flow. Brecken and Gracen are so much better back there (more room?) Lately Brecken's new thing is to take a lap around the over flow. He comes back so I let him (he has too much built up energy) but I am sure some people are watching like, what the.... Oh well
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have felt the same way about maddison and she is finally going to nursery all by herself!! It's such a great accomplishment!! Way to go that is so exciting!! Have a wonderful time in Hawaii I am so jealous!!
Yay for your success! I know that it feels great when it finally happens! We left the boys for 10 days and I was a wreck at first but then I realized that they were having so much fun with grandma it didn't even matter...and you will have SO much fun not having to worry about him in Hawaii so just enjoy yourself. My boys didn't want us to come home, which made me feel bad but other than that it went great! Have fun!
I LOVE it when John makes it through full sacrament meetings! Its tough keeping them entertained. Way to go!
Have fun in Hawaii!
That's great Amber! I totally love your hair. It looks so cute. Oh yeah, have a fun trip to Hawaii. I'll of course be here in cold Indiana thinkin of you and being jealous.
Post a Comment