Sunday, August 9, 2009

Salem Days!

Salem Days was Saturday and it was a lot of fun! It wasn't too hot this year which was so nice! Made it so we didn't get hot at the parade and didn't get too hot at the park. I remember last year at the park that it was just too hot that we just wanted to leave. It made it more fun not being too hot. Connor was able to do all the kiddie games at the park this year too and he really enjoyed them! He did pretty good for a 2 year old! The basketball toss he stood behind a line that was for 0-4 year olds and he made all 3 baskets in! Football Toss he made one football in! After the park we just hung out at Grandma Davis's for a little while and then went to the Salem Days dinner. After that we went to the auction and then we were going to stay at my grandma's for the fireworks but Connor wasn't feeling too well cuz he has an ear infection. The antibiotic has helped a ton but he is still a little sick so we were party poopers and decided to head home.


At the very beginning of the auction they did a coin toss for a kid sized 4-wheeler. My dad bought 4 wrist bands and they were 10 dollars each. The coin toss had at least 100 people in it at the beginning. If you wanted heads you went to one side of the stage ,tails the other. If you didn't pick which it was you were out and had to get off the stage. Well my sister Taylor who is 12 WON! That's right she won a 4-wheeler! Isn't that awesome! The picture above is of her right when she won!


This is the stage at the beginning of the coin toss.


My cute cousin Lyndsay and her BEAUTIFUL baby girl Rylee! She is so stinkin cute I just want to take her home! She won the Salem Days Baby Contest for ages 0-6 months!

This was at the dinner. Connor was so pooped that he wanted me to hold him and put his head on my shoulder while Billy got my food. We sat down and he still wanted to sit on my lap and was laying against my chest. I gave him a cookie and he took a bite and the next thing I knew he was asleep! We pushed 2 chairs together and he slept all through the dinner. I picked him up and carried him to the auction and he stayed asleep for about a half hour of it!



This is Connor's sword he won for making all 3 baskets at basketball!

Mommy and Connor

My sisters and Connor.


A candid picture of a bunch of the fam. My Uncle Craig saw me taking the picture and waved!

I can't believe summer is almost over! Holy cow it went by WAY too fast! I am not ready for fall yet!


3 comments:

Sue said...

Looks like you had so much fun! I totally agree, summer goes by way too fast!

Osburn said...

I LOVE Salem Days!!! It was good to see you. Connor is so cute... you need to have more kids.

Cristi & McKay Morley said...

Salem Days ROCK!!! Go Taylor!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...