So for those of you non facebookers that don't know on Tuesday Connor broke his right leg. I was at work and my mom was tending him. She was running errands and my sisters were watching him. He was dancing and playing with Taylor. She said that they were looking at Halloween costumes and he would say what they were and then like spin around. He was doing that and he fell and she heard the bone snap and he just collapsed. Isn't it odd to break a leg that easily? Well he has had problems with this leg for a while, and for those of you that know he broke his leg when he was a baby no it's not the same one. For those of you that don't know yes he has broken his other leg he did when he was 11 months old. Go to November 2007 posts to see it. Ok anyways so last June (go to June 2008 to see post) he just like tripped over an open book while I was getting him some milk. One leg went one way one went the other. I took him to the doctor the next day cuz he wouldn't walk and they x-rayed it and said it was just a sprain. They wrapped it and said to take it off every couple days to see if he will walk and bring him back a week later if he still wasn't walking. A week later he still wasn't walking and would cry when we tried to get him too, so we took him back. They x-rayed it again and said it was just a really bad sprain. For like a month or maybe even 2 he limped with that leg. His doctor said that was fine. Ever since then he has ran and walked a little different. If he runs too hard and for too long he limps. If he jumps and falls its always that leg (the right that he just broke. ) that has problems with. Since then he has had 5 xrays on it, went to primary childrens, and lots of different doctors and they always say that it is fine. Now he just broke that same leg that he has had probelms with for a year just from falling while dancing. It's funny cuz his left leg has healed perfect since he broke it almost 2 years ago and he has had no problems with it. His right one though has had all kinds of problems. I really think there is something wrong with his bones though. What other 2 year old do you know that has broken both his legs?! NOT NORMAL. I don't even know very many adults that have broken one leg! I am frustrated that no doctors seem concerned about it. I am just hoping and praying that it will heal perfectly and he will have no problems with it after all of this is over. He is having a lot harder time with this leg being broken than he did with his other one. I looked at that post and in the pictures with his cast he is sitting up., I am holding him in a standing position, and he is crawling. Today all he would do is lay on the couch. If I barely move him he cries in pain, change his diaper he cries, carry him he cries, barely touch that leg he cries. There is no way he would sit up or stand up or crawl. I know it has only been a day so I hope that it gets better. They prescribed him loratab which I was nervous about but he is doing fine with. I only gave it to him when he got up and before bed and did motrin in between which the pharmacist said is fine. It does help because even with just laying on the couch when it wears off he just starts screaming. I think it is the worst thing ever to see your child in pain. This next month is going to be hard and trialing and Billy and I are going to have to be very patient. I feel so bad for him! If it doesn't heal right and he still has problems with it after I just don't know what I'm going to do. Sorry about all the venting I just needed to let it all out. He gets his hard cast next Tuesday so right now he just has a temporary one. Please keep him in your prayers and it will be much appreciated!

Yep that is a smile on his face. What a trooper!
8 comments:
That's tough and frustrating. Sometimes doctors are idiots (and for all you medic types, you know that some doctors really are idiots so don't get mad at me). If you need any long distance help, let me know. Sometimes distance is idiots too. :)
I'm so sorry for little Connor (and YOU!). I hope he gets better soon and that once his hard cast is on he won't be in so much pain. Hang in there!
I am so sorry! Usually moms are more right than the doctors. See if there's a specialist or something that can give you all the info on bone problems. It could be something, or nothing, but you deserve to know. I hope he heals well.
It doesn't seem right to me either! Hopefully you will find a doctor willing to take the time to figure this out. Seems like nowadays Drs just want to get you in and out asap. Poor guy. Hope he heals quickly and feels better!!
Something does seem wrong. I would be persistent with the doctors. Sometimes they just think moms worry too much and use that as the excuse, but moms know best with their kids!
Connor is such a little trooper. Im so sorry this had to happen to him. This is definately no way to spend your summer as a 3 year old! Not fun:( I feel so bad, I hope that things get better soon. It sounds like he is such a trooper though. Good luck and good luck to you Amber :) Follow your instinct, you are the mommy and you know best! I sure love ya and hope everything goes well soon for you guuys. Give that Connor a hug from us!
HOLY COW. That kid of yours is hardcore.
As are you.
Seriously.
wow amber you know i was playing with connor too! way to leave me out of this whole situation!!!
Post a Comment