Saturday, August 15, 2009
A blessing in disguise?
First of all thank you thank you so much everyone for your kind and encouraging comments! They really were a self esteem boost and made me have a lot more faith in my gut feelings and motherly instincts on Connor's leg. Of course mother's know best! Ok so update on Connor he is doing sooooo much better! He is like a completely different kid since my last post 3 days ago! He is able to sit up, bend his leg, and move it. He has climbed off the couch on to the floor a few times and he climbed off my bed today to get his tooth brush he had dropped but then realized he couldn't really get it. He rolls around a little and he even has kicked his broken leg a couple times! It is still so hard to see him not be able to run around, and dance, and play. It is nice to see him not in pain though! I think that is one of the hardest things for a mother to see is her child in pain. It was killing me! He really is happy and easily entertained which I am lucky for that. Ok so yesterday I got a phone call from the doctor's office saying that Connor had broken his leg so bad that the doctor wanted him to get his cast from an orthopedic specialist. They gave me 2 referals Dr. Larsen and Dr. Walentine. Dr. Walentine sounded so familiar that I texted my mom and asked if she had heard of him. She said yes get him in to him and that he is the best. I talked to her a little later and she told me that he is the one that her and my Grandma have been wanting me to take him too. I called to make an appointment but they were already closed for the weekend so I have to wait till Monday morning to call back. Hopefully they can get him in soon because he was supposed to get it on Tuesday from the other doctor. Even though he is doing much better I still think that he will feel even more better with a hard cast. The reason the title of my post is a blessing in disguise is because I really just have a good feeling about going to this doctor. My Grandma HATES doctors and she really likes Dr. Walentine. For her to say he is a good doctor means he really is. I am going to tell him all the problems he has had with his leg for the last year. I have all the dates that he has gotten it x-rayed, or hasn't been able to walk for a day just from tripping or jumping and falling. I am going to tell him all of them and how I don't think it's normal. Also how it is not normal that he broke his leg from tripping while dancing around! I am going to see if there is a vitamin supplement he recommends and if he can test his bone density. I have a good feeling about this doctor doing his cast because I know he will get it in the right placement and maybe his leg will heal perfectly and have no problems after it heals (which is what I am praying for!). With him knowing my family and them knowing him maybe he will take me seriously with all my concerns. If there is something really wrong with his leg he will help me figure it out and fix it! Thanks again everyone for all your support and help I really appreciate it! I will give everyone an update after his doctor appointment!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Hey! I am so sorry about Connor. However, it is a blessing in disguise. I'm so glad I came across your blog. It's nice to see what you've been up to and how things are going.
OMG poor little guy! I havent blogged forever and I thought I would get on and had a feeling to check out yours first and I am glad I did I am so sorry about Conner and his little leg, he is way to little to have to deal with that! poor thing! I wanted to cry when I read that, I wish I were staying a bit longer so I could bring you guys some cookies or something! haha Good luck with everything and keep me posted! It was so fun hanging with you and I miss ya!:)
Dr. Wallentine is A.J.'s uncle! He's a great guy and does awesome work! I hope he can help him.
You're so sweet! I would love to do pictures of you guys when Connor gets his cast off!
We were in need of an emergency wedding cake the other day and I almost called Billy.
Amber, that is so sad that he has gone through all of that!! My sister has had that dr. operate on her, and he is excellent. He does a really good job!!
Hey when Boston broke his arm and we took him to Dr. Larsen. We really liked him so if things don't work out with Walentine know that we had Larsen and he was great! Keep us posted!
Poor kid. Hope he feels better soon. That seems so strange that he broke his leg so easily. I'm thinking something is wrong...you'll have to keep updating on what you find out.
Poor little guy, Dr. Wallentine is really good. He did all of mine and Drew's surgeries!
Am I'm so sorry to hear about Connors let. I hope everything works out and they figure out what is wrong. We will keep you in our prayers.
Oh and I know Dr. Wallentine he will do an amazing job.
Post a Comment