Monday, August 25, 2008

update time!

sorry it's been a while since I have updated! Last Monday was Target Lagoon day and tickets were only 20 dollars for us! Billy was off and I worked till 3:30 so he went up with his family around noon. I went up with some friends from work and didn't get there till 5:30 stupid traffic lol. I met up with billy and his fam and hung out with them for a couple hours and ate dinner with them and then billy left cuz he was tired and had to work at 5:30 in the morning. Billy took Connor home and I met back up with my friends from work and we had a lot of fun! It was a much needed girl's night out! I would have more pics but Billy forgot the camera so these are just the ones I stole from Catherine & Michelle off of facebook lol.

Me, Tori, Michelle, Catherine

Me & Michelle

Me, Tori, and Michelle

Catherine, Tori, Michelle

Luckily she even took a picture of me and connor!



The next pictures are more from my birthday party at the ranch. I have already posted about it so I won't give a recap. Ryan Holdaway put these pictures on facebook and I thought they were cute and wanted to post them.

Billy and Connor on the boat. Connor didn't like it much.

This is by far my favorite picture of me and connor ever!

Attempted family pic

ok family pic

Billy with Connor and Hudson on the boat. Hudson liked it a lot more than Connor.


Connor is still saying new words every day. He is putting 2 words together a lot now and even a couple 3! My favorite is one my sister in law Sarah taught him which is I don't know. He shrugs and puts his hands out and says I don't know whenever u ask him where somebody is. Now when he is looking for a toy he will say like car car and hold out his hands meaning where's car. He says all done, right there, right here, jesus, and tries to repeat anything when u tell him what it is. Ok so Sunday was my 2nd atempt at nursey and well wasn't successful at all. The 1st time I stayed in there the whole time. I tried leaving 3 times and would stand outside the door and he would literally start crying not even a minute after I left. I would wait a couple minutes to go back in and then he would be fine and not need to have me but need to have me there. I talked to my mom about it and she said to just right when I take him in to give a kiss and say goodbye and that I will be back and then leave. Well I decided to just leave with out him seeing me and to not go in right away after he started crying but to wait longer and see if he would calm down. All he did was stand by the door and bawl hysterically. One of the nursery workers came and got him and gave him a toy and he still was freaking out and then went right back to the door. A few minutes later she picked him up opened the door and handed him to Billy. I don't know what to do to get him to stay in nursery with out me! One lady in my ward said it will get better so hopefully she is right. I need advice on what to do though. I was thinking maybe I should have told one of the workers to show him a book and then leave I don't know. Also should I sneak out or tell him that I'm leaving and that I'll be back? Please help :)

8 comments:

jennsekona said...

my kids were both the same way about nursery, and they both got over it and then cried when they didn't get to go there anymore. seems like it took a couple of weeks for them to get used to seeing the faces of the leaders, and at first we would just sit in there while they got used to the new enviroment. cute family pics though!

Brent and Ashley said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun at lagoon! And I love that pic of you and Connor, too! So sweet! Also, about nursery, Sophie was the same way. She was VERY aware that we were going to leave her. She watched us like a hawk and would FREAK out when we even gave the slightest hint of leaving. I just remember staying with her the first few times. To prepare her, I would talk about nursery ALL the time during the week. I would be like "Sophie, tomorrow's nursery! Yay!! You get to eat nummies and play toys! Yay!"..."nursery's SO fun!" etc. Also, I would let her take her favorite little bear to nursery to kind make her more comfortable. I hope this helps. I know how hard it is when they cry and cry. Good luck!!

hairprincess said...

Fun I miss Lagoon that place was the best! That pic of you and Connor is way cute at your ranch how fun you should frame that! Well I am not sure what to do with leaving kids at the nursery cause when Meg is old enough I am gona be the BIGGEST softy I have a hard time leaving her for two hours while I in primary I am attached by the hip! haha good luck with that my friend is trying to get her kid in there now and it seems it will never happen but it totally will Connor is such a good boy he will be loving it soon!:)

Old Main Photography said...

Yay what a fun post! Don'tcha just love Lagoon! The best time I went there was with you and Am Shelley. Good memories!

Breanne said...

Don't worry, the Nursery thing will get better. I just tell Mara that I will be right back and then leave. Usually she is really great, but of course she has been doing nursery for a year now. It's just the beginning, don't give up hope.

Jeni Boston said...

Lagoon looks like fun. Maybe next year we'll be brave enough to try going! As for the nursery thing, it will get better. Most of the time Lily runs right in to nursery and tells me to leave. But, she goes through phases where she gets really clingy and freaks out when I walk out the door. Don't tell anyone, but I actually like those days because I would rather hang out in the nursery chatting with my friends than listening to a boring Sunday School lesson! Good luck!

Kristen said...

How fun! I love Lagoon. I am so jealous that you work at Target because that is so my favorite store. I need some updates on some Targets being built closer to Spanish Fork.
Your Connor is so cute. I think he looks just like a Davis baby. He is a big boy but that kids got the genes. My twins are shorties.
Anyways, all you pics are cute and you look so pretty!

John, Summer, and Makenna Lynn Larsen said...

Happy birthday, and by the way love the pic of you and conner you look beautiful, cute family.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...