Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Salem Days

Saturday was Salem Days. I love Salem Days because it's like a family tradition. The parade was good the park was ok it was just too hot this year so we ended up leaving and going to grandma's. The dinner was yummy and the fireworks...well we sat outside and waited for them and watched the lightning/thunderstorm. Then it started raining so we left and they started right after we left. O well I got to see a few on the drive. Connor was so good at my grandmas and had so much fun running around with all his cousins. I sat at the bar and read Breaking Dawn for a while and he didn't even look for me or come up to me once.



This is my cousin's John and Summer Larsen's little girl Mckenna. Isn't she a cutie. They had just woken her up out of the car and said that it was the 3rd time she had gotten woken up from falling asleep in the car. Summer says she looks onrey but I think she looks adorable.


I thought I would throw this picture on here even though it has nothing to do with Salem Days. When Connor goes to bed and gets up he has to get his monkey and his elmo. When he gets up he reaches for them to take down stairs and then at night I say are you ready for bed and he grabs both of them and goes upstairs. This picture is in the morning him watching Sesame Street after he got up. I think it is so cute how he has both of them next to him. He loves Sesame Street and watches it every morning. We used to have to fast forward it to Elmo's World but now he watches the whole thing. Elmo and Elmo's World are still his favorites but he likes all the characters too now.


Salem Days Dinner

Amberlee, Alli, and Nadene


Milo with his head cut off oops, Taylor, Alli, Kailey, Nadene


These pictures are of Taylor with Connor and Fiona. Fiona is Kelly and Austin's little girl and she is only a month younger than Connor. Connor went up to her when she was on the couch said I love you and gave her a kiss and hug. He is so sweet!

Salem Days Parade! You can't tell but Jaqlyn is riding this train.




Isn't he a cutie :) He is saying new words every day. He says between 1 and 5 new words a day. Some from the last couple days are chair, sucker, cookie, go, and connor. We were looking in the mirror yesterday and I said who's that and pointed to him and he said connor but it didn't really sound like it then today I said what's your name and he said con or as plain as day. Last night he was putting his arms around my neck when I was sitting down and I said ready and he said go! I never have taught him that it was so funny. So then I kept saying ready and then I would pause and he would stand there and wait and then I would say go! and he would run and then stop so I would say ready again. It was very entertaining. Today was Connor's 18 month appointment he is 31 lbs at 95 percentile and 34 1/2 inches at 94 percentile. His doctor said he just doesn't slow down! It is so true he has been in the 90 percentiles since he was born. The only problem with him being so big is that people think that he is older and then they think he is developmentally delayed. We know that he is the smartest boy ever though and that's all that matters :)

5 comments:

Wilkinson Family said...

He is a cutie! I can't believe he is 31bs! That is great, I swear Brecken stopped gaining weight around the age of 1, he is still at 23lbs! He and Gracen weigh the same...

Brent and Ashley said...

We were going to watch the fireworks at Lindon Days, but the rain stopped us, too! Bummer! We love fireworks...but not enough to get soaked. I was shocked at Connor's stats! That kid is huge! I don't think Ethan will break the 30 lb mark anytime soon. So funny. Isn't it so fun how they're starting to say more and more words? Our favorite family game is to ask Ethan "can you say...." Sometimes he gets them pretty dang good, but other times it doesn't sound like the word at all, but at least he tries! Anyways, we really need to get together! I just know our boys would love it!

Old Main Photography said...

hey! cute post and pics... how'd you like breaking dawn?

The Copes said...

Wow, I'm so jealous that we missed all the fun. Cute boy,
Jodi

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys are keeping busy, how fun!
Thanks for finding us. This is such a great way to keep in touch with friends.
Take care!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...