Sunday, July 11, 2010

Slow Down Summer!

Holy Cow! How is it already the middle of July?! I feel like it was just the beginning of June last week! Ok well I have been meaning to blog for like 3 weeks now and I finally have a minute too! We have been having such a fun summer! Every day we play play play! I was worried with having Jack in June that Connor would have a bummer summer this year and miss out on swimming and playing outside boy was I wrong! You will see in the pics he is in his swimsuit in all of them. He is in it at least 3 times a week and outside every day! Ok I have an album on my computer of all of Jack's pictures and an album of all our summer pictures which is pretty much all Connor. It was easier to do one album at a time so I did Jack's pictures 1st. It was hard to narrow down the pictures from both albums but I was able to pick 8 out of 52 for Jack and 20 out of 121 from the summer one.
We are doing good! Jack only had to be under the bili lights for 4 days and then we took him off. At 2 weeks he weighed 8 lbs 9 oz and was 21 in a half inches which was 5 more oz. and one more inch than at birth. At 3 weeks he had an ear infection so we had to take him in and they weighed him and he was 9 lbs 9 oz. It was just 4 days later than he had last been weighed there and was 8 lbs 9 oz. He gained a pound in 4 days! Crazy! Looks like he's going to be a big boy like Connor! I am glad that he is a big healthy boy! Connor was my spit up baby. Spit up constantly and it was like projectile too. Well Jack is my gassy baby. He is so gassy that it makes him cry and sometimes be miserable. The gas pains will wake him up at night and make him be up it is sad. I have bought gas drops and sometimes moving his legs helps but he is just a gassy baby! Poor thing I hope it gets better as he gets older! He was doing one stretch of 3 to 3 1/2 hours and then the rest 1 to 2 hours but the last 3 nights has been waking up every 2 hours. I really miss that 3 to 3 in a half hours straight of sleep. Hopefully it will get better soon!



While Connor runs around outside 24/7 this is what Jack does.

Look at that double chin!

Such a cutie pie!
Love this picture! Connor LOVES to give Jack kisses! He also loves to sing Rock a Bye Baby and do This little piggy to Jack. For the 1st 2 weeks of Jack's life every day Connor would say Did Jack grow? or When is Jack going to grow? or Can he play toys with me now? Connor just can't wait for Jack to be able to play with him! I am excited too for when Jack will respond to Connor's kisses and singing and interact with him as well! I have a niece that is 10 months old that just LOVES Connor! She reaches for him, gives him kisses, laughs at him and loves to be read to by him. I am so excited for when Jack will be like that.

This is my niece that I was just talking about that is 10 months old next to Jack.
This is my friend Tessa's baby that I work with that is just 10 days older than Jack. This picture is so funny!
precious!
My good friend Amber (Issac) Prior did a newborn photo shoot for Jack for me! She emailed this birth announcement to me isn't it the cutest picture ever?! I cannot wait for the rest of the pictures! She did amazing and I know I am going to love love the pictures just from having watch her do them! Jack was awake the whole entire time! Crazy but I guess he wanted to model haha. She was like you can go to sleep if you want so we could get some sleeping pictures but no Jack wanted to show off his baby blues :).

Now on to our FUNNER SUMMER!

I was able to go with my parents and sisters to The Stadium of Fire and see Carrie Underwood! It was amazing and Carrie was amazing! It was so much fun! Billy was so nice to stay home and tend the kids. Thanks babe!


Connor's favorite things consist of swimming or playing in any sort of water, jumping on the tramp, swinging, and playing in sandboxes or in any dirt or sand. Last week we went to my Aunt Nadene's for a play date because my cousin Sherry that lives in New Jersey was in town. She had a slip and slide, has a tramp, a swing set, and a sandbox. Connor was in HEAVEN! He played outside there for 4 hours while I sat in the shade with Jack and chatted it up with family.

Jumping on tramp

playing in sandbox with Milo.
Me, my Mom, and Sherry.
playing on slip and slide.


Me and Kailey

Last Monday we went to the ranch and had lunch for the 4th. Connor loves the ranch so much! He showed me how big he is by swimming out to the trampoline tube in the middle of the lake and back by himself! He would jump off of it too! He is getting so brave and I was so proud of him! He had a blast and after a few hours there we still had to drag him home.
Taylor plays so good with all the little kids. Here she is with Connor and my cousin Steve's little boy Ethan. Connor had a lot of fun playing with Ethan and when I asked him about it he said it was fun eating sand with him LOL.
Taylor, Bailey, Kailey
Summer=Yummy Watermelon!

This kid is a fish I tell ya! He could live in water!


Last Sunday I went down to my mom's and we took the 4 wheelers and went to the Benjamin park.

Jaqlyn loves to hold Jack!
Swimming in the pool. It is so nice to have a pool here where we live. Billy takes Connor once to twice a week since I can't quite swim yet. I took Jack in the stroller over there and Billy was able to just sit in the lounge chair while Connor swam. He does so good swimming in his tube now!

We bought this sprinkler a couple weeks ago that shoots out balls. Connor had a blast with out out back and ran through it for about an hour!

For some reason my son is fascinated with this sewer. It is right out in back of our house and Connor is always playing on it or looking in it or throwing rocks in it.

Billy swinging out back at his mom's with Cadence.

We took Connor to the Strawberry Days Carnival. He had a blast on all the rides except for the caterpillar roller coaster. He hated it and bawled the whole time. It was the 1st ride we did so I was worried he wouldn't go on any after that but he did all the other ones and loved them and would just say is this a slower one before he went on it and I would say yes. Guess the caterpillar roller coaster was a little too fast for him!

Just being silly with daddy

In Highland there is a FREE Splash Pad Water Park. Connor loved it and had a blast. It was very crowded but we will definitely be going there again!


WE LOVE SUMMER!

3 comments:

Nick and Amera said...

That picture of Jack is soooo stinkin cute...like wow cute! Fun update! You were worried about the summer after having a baby, but it looks like it has all worked out! good!! I love all the picts, they are darling. Im glad things are going good. McCoy was a gassy baby too.... the one thing that really helped him was wrapping him up tight, holding him outward and bringing his legs in and out to push out the gas.. poor baby...so painful. Hope things continue to go well and I couldnt agree more....DONT GO AWAY SUMMER!!! Sad that its almost over. what??!!!!!

Unknown said...

Cute Cute Pictures! It looks like you have been having such a great summer. I can't believe it's already the middle of June either! Can't wait to see you thursday!

DAJP said...

Such cute pictures of Jack! He's already growing up so much in the face. I love the picture Amber took. Looks like you guys are having a great summer! Love ya tons girl!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...