Oh wow are you ready for my labor/delivery story? It wasn't a bad labor or difficult one. Just a long one.
We went in at 9:15 am ready to have Baby Jack. They started me on my antibiotic at about 9:45 am and started Pitocin shortly after. I asked around noon when they were going to break my water. The nurse said that I need to be on the antibiotic for 4 hours and then they start my 2nd dose and the Doctor wants my 2nd dose started before he does. They started 2nd dose a little before 2 and I asked around 3 when the Doctor was coming to break my water. The nurse said she wasn't sure and doesn't know why he hasn't came yet to break it. Around 4:00 a different nurse says to me "Have they told you why Doctor Young hasn't made it here yet to break your water?" I said no. She said well Dr. Parker is on vacation Dr. Saunders is off today and Dr. Allen just got deployed today so Dr. Young is covering for all of them (which that is all of the Doctors so he was covering for all Doctors at my practice). He was going from Mt. Timp Hospital, to AF Hospital, to the office and that is why he hadn't came yet to pop my water. He showed up a little after 5:30 pm and popped it. Remember I had been there since 9:15 am……fun (not). He popped my water and I was only dilated to a 3 when he did. The nurse came to check me 2 hours later at 7:30 and when she did a pool of water came out…..apparently when Dr. Young popped my water not all of it came out. Well there was the rest of it. I was to a 4 and the nurse said now that she got the rest of my water out it should go fast. I started progressing a lot after that and every hour when they checked me I was dilated one more. At 11:30 pm when they checked me I was to an 8. About 5 minutes after that I was ready. I started pushing at 11:45 pm and had Jack at 11:57 pm. We wanted to make sure that he made it here on the 11th! So a 15 hour labor could have been about a 6 if I wouldn't have had to wait 8 1/2 hours to get my water broken!
Jack's middle name is Harrison. The middle name is after my Grandpa and Billy's. Both their names are Harold. His weight was 8 lbs 4 oz and he was 20 1/2 inches. Connor was 8 lbs 5 oz and 21 1/2 inches. Just one ounce difference in weight! Jack is such a good baby not fussy at all. He is just content and calm. He loves to be cuddled and wrapped up which Connor hated and wanted to be free lol. He has jaundice and we have the bili light box right now. He was at a 16 and then yesterday was at a 18. Since it went up we had to take him to the Dr. to get his weight checked and he had only lost an ounce which is great. He is eating and pooping fine which would be a concern with jaundice so that is great too. The Dr. still wanted to get some blood tests done thought since it went up. We went and had them done this morning and it was NO FUN. Watching your 5 day old baby get an iv put in them is pretty heart breaking. Jack hates his light box and we use the blanket a lot since he hates it so much. He hates being naked and free. So funny cuz Connor had to be under the lights for 2 days and he loved being in there and was so content. They are going to call me back with the results on the blood tests so I will keep you all posted. Connor is doing so great with the adjustment of being a big brother! He LOVES attention so I was so worried it was going to be hard on him not getting all the attention. It seriously has not affected him yet. He has been so good and has not acted out or shown signs of jealousy at all! He asks LOTS of questions but the adjustment has not phased him yet. We will see if it does later but I am just so lucky to have such good boys! Ok sorry about the novel here are the pictures of my new beautiful baby boy!

so cute and cuddly!




12 comments:
Cute Amber. I hope you are doing well too. See that cute baby soon. I can't wait to hold him.
Oh my gosh!! look at how identical the two boys are as newborns!!!!! so awesome! Im glad everthing went well, inspite of how long it took! Soooo worth the wait though! He is just precious as ever! Nothing beats a newbie, they are so great! I love that pict of you and billy With Jack, so memorable! Well....when can I come bring you lunch??? anything of your choice???!! let me know! I love you and glad he's finaly here!!! Welcome Jack, Welcome!!!
yay! Congrats you guys! What a beautiful little family! I can't wait to hold him! John was jealous the first couple of days after Molly was born but he adjusted really well after that. Mostly they think it's awesome to have their very own baby :)
He is so sweet! Glad everything went so well and he's here! Congrats!!
How cute is he Amber! I can't believe how Connor and Jack look so alike. Jack is such a cute boy. I was so excited when I got your text. Its funny how your kids can be totally different. Jackson and Megan were totally different in many ways just like that. Its hard to find out what they like, but once you do its all worth it. Hope you're doing okay. Jack is such a cutie! Love ya girl! Congrats!
So adorable, I am so happy for you that it went well, I talked to karent to day and she said he is beautiful!!! Can not wait to see him in person!!
He is adorable. I'm glad everything went well!
way cute! sorry i havent said anything sooner, my coumputer had a virus but now i am back online :) he is such a doll. congrats!
Congratulations! I remember when you met Billy, some funny double dates, your wedding and getting stuck in traffic with your friends from Florida, and now... two beautiful boys, happy parents, lots of adventures. How wild. I'm so, so happy for you and your family. I love that you blog and are able to share peeks into your world with us.
SOOOOOO cute!!! Congrats!!!!! He is beautiful perfect little guy! He looks a TON like his brother to me! I am so happy for you guys, and glad everything went well! Cant wait to see him and you too!
Amber-
Congrats on the little one. What a cute little family you have.
I'm so glad he's here! I can't wait to meet him! He's so precious I just want to hold him!
Post a Comment