Tuesday, November 1, 2011

How did I get so behind?

Hi! Yes I am still alive. We are all alive and well. Wow I can't believe it has been since July since I have blogged! What I cannot believe even more is that it is NOVEMBER! Wow! We went to Hawaii in September and I kept telling myself I needed to catch up the blog before we went. That way it would be caught up when we got back so that I could do a Hawaii post. Obviously that didn't happen and the whole month of October slipped by me too. Usually Fall doesn't go by as fast as Summer. Is it because it has been so warm? Or is it true that the older you get the faster time goes by? Speaking of OLDER Billy turned the big 3-0 on October 18th! We really are getting old! Well I'm sorry to my followers for not keeping this blog updated. We are doing great. Connor is loving his 2nd year of preschool. Jack is a full blown toddler and definitely keeps me on my toes. He is almost 17 months (I know!) and is saying new words and learning new things every day. His biggest loves are MICKEY MOUSE and CARS. He loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse hence the love for Mickey. He sleeps with his Mickey Mouse. It is so cute I just put him in his crib and hand him Mickey. He gives him a bug hug, lays down cuddling him and goes to sleep. He started loving playing with cars at around 9 months. Now he loves Mater's Tall Tales and the movie Cars. He loves Mater and whenever he sees him gets excited. He loves singing do as I'm doing, and doing ring around the rosies. He loves music and dancing. He loves animals and is learning to say a lot of farm animals and their sounds. He is also learning body parts and can point to a bunch when you ask him. He loves legos. He loves bath time. He loves being outside and always wants to go out. Winter is going to be hard keeping him entertained inside. He loves playing with my phone and he loves the computer. We have to move the keyboard and the mouse onto the kitchen counter. He is still a big time mama's boy and won't go to anyone else when I am there. He plays good by himself but has to be able to see me. If I go upstairs he follows me. Jack is my teddy bear. He is husky and solid on the outside. Cuddly and soft on the inside. He is rough around the edges but the sweetest boy. The older Jack gets the more him and Connor's relationship develops. It is so fun to watch them play together. At night before bed they get wound up and chase each other and laugh. I love watching them.
Connor loves Phineas and Ferb, going on bike rides, preschool, talking, reading, netflix, playing with friends, going to his ma-ma's houses, his aunts, his niece Cadence, primary, singing, music, making people laugh, and playing with my phone or the Ipad. He was really into Halloween this year and was just so excited for it. He had so much fun. Jack was fun this year too. He would try to go into people's houses though lol. He didn't really understand it still but he did learn to take a piece of candy and then put it in his bag. He mostly just loved running around outside and seeing all the pumpkins. We also had fun going to Pumpkinland and Jacker's Jack-o-lantern's. Connor LOVED Hawaii and the ocean and the beach. It was awesome sharing the experience with him and sharing the delight. If you remember my last post (I know it was a long time ago.). I said that Connor went to the OI Clinic at Shriner's Children's Hospital in July. I said that his x-ray didn't show OI so they had to do the blood test to find out for sure. We got the results in August and he does have OI Type 1. This is what we thought he had and were treating him as he had. The blood test just confirmed it 100%. It is nice to know for sure and not have to wonder. It still hurts too though. Definitely bittersweet. I think I was more worried that if the blood test came back as negative for OI. Because then we would have had to do a bunch more blood tests to figure out what he had. It would be going back to square 1. We knew he had a brittle bone disease so I am glad that we know what it is. I am not glad that he has OI. I am just glad that I know what he has and am not still having to try to figure out what is wrong with him. He is doing really good though and I think his leg has gotten stronger. He still gets tired and starts to limp and walk slow after walking for too long. He runs and walks a lot better than he used to though. I am grateful to be his mother and hope that I can help him have the best life that he can. I am never going to say no you can't do that I just might say you need to be more careful. I want him to be aware but not to be different. I don't want people to feel sorry for him or to pity him. He is an AMAZING little boy and the the sky is his limits. He is very head strong and his determination is not going to let anything hold him back.
Well there is a little update so that you know that we are alive and fine! I PROMISE I will get you guys up to date with pictures and do a post on Hawaii this month!

1 comment:

Nick and Amera said...

You are such a cute blogger Ambie! I love ya! Im glad Connor is doing good and I loved your line, "Im grateful to be his mother." you are so cute I just love you! Your little Jack is SO BIG! What??!! Babies arent babies anymore! Im glad things are going good for you, I miss ya tonz. I want to see picts from hawaii :) love you girl!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...