On Wednesday Connor got a shorter cast! He will wear it for 3 weeks and then be DONE. He gets it off on the 23rd. He couldn't decide on blue or orange so he got BOTH! When we went in to get his X-Ray he said blue and then when the guy came in to do it he said orange so yeah that's why he got both. I think it looks good!
When the cast guy was doing his cast he was trying to hold Connor's leg at a 90 degree angle because they have to hold it really straight an he noticed that Connor was fighting it and kept trying to put his foot outward and not hold it straight. I told him that that is because he walks with that foot outward. He said that it could change as he develops which is what we have already been told. He also said that it seemed like it was coming from his hips that was causing it to go out.....interesting. He is doing great with his new cast. Having a broken leg does not slow down my determined, independent 2 year old! I think I have a harder time with it then him! He is still dancing and running around all the time!
I had to take a picture yesterday because his shirt matched his cast!
Here is his old cast!
UPDATE ON CONNOR
I have been meaning to do an update on Connor's'development since he turned 2 in a half at the end of July so here is a 31 month old update!
I did a questionarre with him this morning and here are the questions I asked and his answers
Favorite Color: brown
Favorite Animal: zebra
Favorite Farm Animal: horse
Favorite Food: bread
Favorite Drink: juice
Favorite Toy: his ball
Favorite thing to do: go outside
Favorite Movie: Jungle Book (is what he said but he has never even watched it). His favorite movie's are really Planet Earth, and Baby Einstein movies.
Favorite T.V Show: He said Ge-Ge which is Baby Genius shows on On Demand. A few others he likes are Caillou, The Fresh Beat Band, Zooboomafoo, Ni-Hao-Kai-Lan, and Wow Wow
Wubzy.
Favorite Song: Bad Day
Favorite Music Video: Taylor Swift You Belong With Me (yes this is really what he said)
Favorite Thing to do Outside: Color (with side walk chalk)
Favorite Snack: fruit snack
Favorite Candy: ice cream (this is what he said his favorite candy is really m&m's though)
He LOVES to play with toy balls! He will throw them all around the living room and kitchen and just run and get them and throw them again. He likes to play "catch" with me which is really just him throwing it to me and me throwing it to him he can't really catch yet.
He is still Mister Smarty Pants and is still learning how to read and spell new words every day! Billy got a book out a couple weeks ago and just started pointing to the words and he would read them! He read one of my little sisters Bob Books from kindergarten yesterday, and only missed a couple words on some pages. Their were some pages where he read the entire sentence! He is just too smart for his own good and I worry that by the time he goes to kindergarten he will be bored and not stimulated or motivated because he will already know everything! I really wish he could go to pre-school this year because he already knows pretty much everything they teach in pre-school. He needs the social development and interaction of pre-school though.
Connor has been saying some really funny things lately here are a few that I can think of off the top of my head.
His new thing he always says when I get mad at him is I sorry I get mad at you. It is so cute. I am the one getting mad at him and he says he's sorry he got mad at me hahaa.
Lately he has been asking what you do with everything. What do you do with your mouth? What do you do with the door? He also asks how to spell everything. For example this morning we were going upstairs and I was carrying a bunch of stuff so I said I can't carry you my hands are full and he said how do you spell full.
He LOVES music and knows every song on the radio. He loves to watch and dance to music videos. It's so funny because he will copy what they do in the music video.
He loves to go to my i pod on my i phone and he knows exactly what songs are what and how to get to the songs he wants.
Lately he likes to pretend things are microphones while he is singing to music videos. The thing he used last night as a microphone was string cheese. He has also used one of his bowling pins that is like a milk carton.
After we went upstairs this morning I put his cup of milk in his room and he was in my room. I went in and he said Where's my milk? I said it's in your room go get it and he said I can't I'm too busy. Hmmm wonder where he got that one from :).
He is growing up too fast but we are loving every minute of it!

2 comments:
Connor is such a cute boy. He seems like he's so busy. Jackson and him would do well together.
i haven't been checking blogs very regularly lately--I just read back a bunch of your posts! i can't believe it--i saw these pictures and was like "didn't he just break his arm??"
Post a Comment