My grandpa passed away 9 years ago and well my Grandma has wanted to die ever since. She was not the same person after he died and lost the twinkle in her eye. My grandma has had more trials in her life than anyone I know. She has lost 4 out of her 10 kids. One drowned, one got ran over, one got in a car accident and died, and one had a brain tumor and died from it. She is the strongest woman I will ever know. After my Grandpa died she just couldn't take anymore but one of those 4 kids died after he did. She told me a couple months ago when she was suffering that all of her kids that had died not one of them had to suffer. She said that she thinks that she told Heavenly Father that she would take all of her kids suffering so that they wouldn't have to suffer when they died. I wouldn't be surprised at all that she said that. I am so happy for her that she isn't suffering anymore. That she is reunited with her kids and my Grandpa, her sweetheart Harry. I know they have been waiting for her. It was probably a big party in heaven today with trumps a sounding. She is going to be so missed. She has made such a huge impact in so many lives and has made her family members better people by her example. I strive to be like her but know I could never be amazing as she was. A friend wrote to me and said "There are no words I can write that can do Grandma Davis justice." She was one in a million. Truly an amazing woman. When I was a child my mom worked and she babysat me. We were so close. She was more than a grandmother. She was a 2nd mom and a best friend. We both LOVE to talk and would talk for hours. I loved our walks we would take together. I loved listening to her sing. I loved her laugh. When I was little my mom would drop me off at her house early in the morning before she would go to work. I would get back in bed with my grandma and she would always scratch my back or play with my hair or hold me. Oh how I miss that. She always made me feel loved by her. She was the best grandma I ever could have asked for and I am so lucky that I got to have her. I always loved going and watching movies with her. She would complain that she hated movies and never watched them, but then she always enjoyed it. She was the hardest working housewife I have ever known. Before she got sick she never stopped moving and never sat down. She was ALWAYS cooking and cleaning. She told me that she hoped that in heaven she would cook and clean because that is what she loves to do. A little piece of my heart is gone today. I am so grateful for the memories I have of her. I am grateful that my best qualities I have gotten from her. I am not even close to half the woman she was. I am just glad I have some of her good qualities. As a child my best memories are playing with my cousins at her house. Now that she is gone it's like the link is gone. On a Sunday when I would go to her house I knew that family members would be there because they always were. She was the link. Her house was the link. It's going to be so weird and different.We are a close family though so I know we will stay close. I am just so glad that she finally got what she wanted and is happy. She will definitely be missed. Here are a few pics. Not the best quality because I just took pictures of them with my phone.
So happy that they are reunited!
They loved to dress up for Halloween and always won best costume at their ward party.
Loved eating watermelon at Grandma's. Such a great memory.
She came to Florida to visit me when I worked at Disney World which was a big shocker. I was so excited!
Grandma holding Connor in the hospital after he was born. This is the only picture I have of her with one of my kids. I am sad that Jack will never know her and hope that Connor will remember her.
Love you Grandma! Miss you so much that it hurts, but knowing how much happier you are helps. Thank you for your amazing example to me.





9 comments:
Even bigger shocker than her going to Florida, she rode the Rockin' Rollercoaster with us. It's one of my favorite pictures of her.
We never buy the rollercoaster pictures at themeparks, but Grandma was pulling such funny faces that we ended up buying all of them.
love you.
I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma. I still have grand memories of playing dolls with you over at her house forever ago. She was a great grandma and loved by all who knew her. She will be missed.
Amber, I am so sorry for your loss. Grandmas are definitely the best, I agree. If you need anything let me know. I LOVE you girl
Amber that was beautiful. What sweet memories you have. She was a wonderful woman and sounds like an amazing grandma. I am so sorry.
I heard about this last night and felt so sad! I'm glad she is no longer suffering though. I hope you and your family are doing well. You're in my thoughts and prayers!
Im sorry Ambie. Grandparents are hard to loose because of thier value they hold. They tend to be the soft spot in everyone's heart. I love you. Take time to think about her, its a great way to keep her 'alive' and wiht you. ***hugs*** there is so much joy waiting for us on the other side of the Veil :)
Amber- I'm so sorry about your grandma. it is always hard to lose a grandparent. But it is always nice to know that she is happy with family. Thank Heaven for the gospel that we know we can all be together forever.
Thanks for posting this. I didn't know a couple of details you listed. Such a wonderful woman. We will miss her.
Hey Amber, I'm so sorry for your loss. I know that you were so close to Grandma Davis. I so remember going to see here with you and remember what an awesome, fun person she was. I really enjoyed what you wrote about her. I'm sure you'll miss her, but thankgoodness for life after death, you'll see her again soon. I hope your family is doing okay. Sure love ya girl, will definately keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Post a Comment