Jack is 6 months old! I still cannot believe half a year has gone by sine this chunk of love has came into our lives. It has went by too fast. We are so grateful for him in our family and don't know what we we do without him.
Milestones
He started sitting up at 5 months old but would always fall over eventually. He now officially can sit up without falling over! It is so nice (for the both of us) I love that he will sit with Connor on the floor and play. They usually play with Connor's duplo lego's or little people.
Jack said his 1st word and it was da da. I am almost positive he doesn't know what it means but Billy was pretty stoked.
He tries to clap and to dance but hasn't quite figured out either and it is hilarious.
He has always been active but the older he gets the more active he gets. He is a squirmy wormy when you hold him!
He is definitely a mama's boy. When Billy has him and he sees me he literally tries to jump out of Billy's arms.
He can go into the crawling stance and tries to crawl but pretty much lunges forward and then face plants.
He can shake his head no but he doesn't know what it means he just does it and smiles when I do it to him.
He loves to be sang too and music.
Jack got really sick last week and it was no fun. Connor never got sick as a baby besides a few ear infections and wow it is hard to have a sick baby. Jack was sick plus had double ear infections. Connor had the same. Both of them had one of their ears get worst and had to get put on a stronger antibiotic. Jack was up pretty much all night for 4 nights. If I would lay him down he would cry. I would have to walk around and rock him and then lay with him on the couch. It would take a few times of getting back up till he would stay asleep with me on the couch. He was harder being sick then he was as a newborn. At least when he was a newborn he would just fall asleep on my shoulder when I would walk around. This time he was too alert and active so I would have to change positions like every 2 minutes till he finally stopped fighting them. Yeah it was 4 nights of hell but thank goodness he is back to himself and happy and healthy! Sick babies are so so sad. We had to give him breathing treatments with a nebulizer and the prescription albuterol. His breathing was so wheezy. I also had to take him to the hospital a couple times a day for a few days. They would suction all the mucus and snot out of him. fun (not). Ok well here are some newer pics of my cute baby.
Don't you just want to eat him up?
LOVE this one.
Last Thursday night was my Grandma's viewing and Friday was her funeral. They both were beautiful and my family all did such a great job. I loved every single one of the talks at the funeral and they all made me laugh. This was the first funeral that I have been to that was sad/happy. Meaning it was still sad cuz of course we loved her so much and will miss her so much. Happy though because we know this is what she wanted. That she was in pain and is now no longer suffering. It was her time and it was expected. My grandpa's funeral was opposite. It was just so so sad. I am so glad that they are back together.
This poem was on the back of my grandma's program. When I first read it I thought for sure that one of her daughters or her had written it. Turns out my mom just found it. It really was made for her and is her to a T.
CONFESSIONS
I like to spread clean sheets on beds.
I like to use a broom.
I like to bring tranquility
of order to a room.
I like to fill the empty jars
with anything in sight;
To hang crisp ruffled curtains and
to keep the windows bright.
I like to set a batch of bread
then watch it as it rises.
I like to plan and cook a meal
of savory surprises.
Let other women have careers
None of them arouse
One twinge of envy in my heart -
I like keeping house.
Kailey with our cousin Ariel.
We haven't done to many exciting things lately. We went to Jump on It and Connor had a blast. I didn't know that 3 yr olds are still free there so I want to go again before he turns 4.

My mom as a early Christmas present took Connor to Disney on Ice. He loved it!
As you can tell he is very intrigued.
We took Connor to Tangled as well and he loved it too. He is in love with Rapunzel now haha. Tangled was so so cute and I highly recommend it! Thank you everyone for your comments regarding my Grandma. I appreciate all the support I have and it means a lot.






1 comment:
I'm sorry about your Grandma :( I'm so scared for that day to come for me! Jack is SO stinking cute!! That was so nice of your Mom to take Conner to Disney on Ice, what a fun present!
Post a Comment