WOW! I really don't know how the whole month of August went by with out me blogging! I kept meaning to and wanting too but just never got around to it! I think the month of August seems like it was like a week long. I think summer feels like it was a month long if even. Why does my favorite time of year go by the fastest?! So I know a lot of you have been waiting for an update on Connor. I am sorry that I have kept you waiting. Let me tell you if I had gotten told what was wrong with him and given a diagnosis I would have made sure I blogged it the day I got it. Unfortunately the news is that we still don't know what is wrong with him :(. The Doctor was really thorough and did a lot of research on bone diseases and syndromes and he just doesn't meet any of them. He said they are usually short and Connor is so tall. Their iris's of their eyes are tinted Connor's are not. He would be breaking more than his leg if it was a bone disease like his wrist, elbow, collarbone, etc. Where it's just the leg it doesn't make sense. The Doctor said it might even be something that isn't discovered yet. Just what you want to hear huh. He did say the alignment of his legs is off and that could cause hip and knee problems when he is older. He also said that his blood work and urine sample were a little high but for having a fracture when he got them perfectly normal. He wants me to get it done again in 3 months when he has healed. He also suggested going to a genetics Doctor at Primary Childrens to get some more testing done. I want to go back to the orthopedic Doctor I went to up there too. She thought something could be wrong with his spine but that he could outgrow whereas his bones are still developing and growing. She said that if he hadn't outgrown it by the time he was 8 or 9 that they would do a surgery where they put metal rods in his legs. She told me to let her know if anything happened again. I'm thinking another broken leg is something that happened. I am thinking that I can't wait until he is 8 or 9 and have 8 or 9 broken legs. Connor is doing so great though. He started preschool last week (tear). He loves it. His teacher's name is Miss Misti and he calls her Miss Marvel. Definitely his dad's son lol. Connor always says the funniest things. In sacrament a few weeks ago when he was passed the sacrament water he said I don't like water but thanks. It was hilarious. Jack is now 12 weeks old. So crazy! I get excited for the milestones that are to come this 1st year but at the same time he is growing way too fast! He is such a happy baby. Always smiling and loves to talk. His laugh is the cutest sometimes he can't get it out and it's like a laugh cough. Billy got a good video of him talking and cooing I will upload it on here when I have time. He holds his head up so good and sits up on my lap without me holding on to him for a few minutes. He is very strong and very alert. He weighed 13 lbs at his 2 month appointment which beat Connor by a pound. He was an inch shorter than Connor at 2 months though so he is fatter and shorter haha. Connor never had rolls and I am loving the rolls on Jack's legs. Also his chubby cheeks. Jack loves to play with his hands and always has them interlocked and is playing with them. He likes to eat them too of course. I love it when I am holding him and he just grabs a hold of one of my fingers or my hand. He also likes to grab onto my hair too of course. He sleeps ok sometimes but isn't an amazing sleeper. He has nights where he will sleep for 5 or 6 hours before he wakes up the 1st time and nights where it is just 3 or 4. He just isn't consistent yet. Connor is not consistent either and sometimes gets up once in the middle of the night and sometimes gets up 4 times. This means I at the most on a good night get 6 hours of sleep. This is not straight sleep though the most I get straight is 3 hours and sometimes it's only 2. I am one sleep deprived mama! Why don't my kids love to sleep? Alright well on to the picture overload part of my blog. Lots of pictures since I got behind.

my sweet boy
don't you just want to eat him up?
happy angel dreams
I love love his lips! Aren't they just so kissable?!
Beautiful boy
Such a ham!

Connor has been so good with Jack from day one! Never shown any jealousy or aggression to him. Only has been loving!
Connor has been wanting to go to Chuck E Cheese for a LONG LONG time! When I potty trained him in March we were going to go as the reward but then last minute he said he would rather go swimming so we went to Lehi Legacy Center instead. Since then he has still been wanting to go. We did a bedtime chart for him staying in bed. We told him we could go to Chuck E Cheese when it was complete. The chart I got off of Chuck E Cheese's website and for bringing it in complete you get 10 free tokens! I also went to citydeals.com and got a 20 dollar gift certificate for 10 dollars so we finally went to Chuck E Cheese and Connor LOVED it!
He really liked this clock ride!
In my hometown Spanish Fork they just opened up a splash pad and way fun park! We went Monday morning and it wasn't too warm but we still had a lot of fun!
Connor on his 1st day of preschool!

We had to make sure and go to the ranch one more time before Summer was over since Connor couldn 't swim for a month cuz of his cast, and he loves to swim at the ranch!
Connor and Harper. Poor Harper got stung by a bee on this horsey!
I had Girls night at my moms house in her dance room. It was so much fun!
We did glitter toes! Love them! Mine are the blue ones :)
Even with Connor's broken leg we still made it to Salem Days! He had a blast! He loved doing all the little games at the park. He did great at the sport ones even with his broken leg lol. He loved this cow train ride and we had to do it twice.

Jaqlyn and Connor
This is how you take a bath with a cast!
Connor had to have a pink cast as his 2nd cast! He was very persistent on it. I think he pulls it off what do you think? Only tough guys can pull of pink!
Another shot of the pink cast. I love how he has his sunglasses on his shirt. I didn't even notice it when I took this picture.
Jack got blessed on August 8th. It was such a beautiful blessing for my beautiful boy. We had family over after and it was a great day!

Mommy and Jack
Billy's brother Aaron his wife Sarah and their baby Cadence.
My sisters with baby Jack.
My cousin Julie came to town so we had another playdate at Aunt Nadene's house!
I was sad because I tried to break my popsicle in half and this was the result.
My sister Kailey is such a dork haha
This is pretty much what Jack did the whole time.
I had to put this on here because my sister Kailey is obsessed with popsicles. She is addicted to them and they are seriously like her favorite food.
Connor with Taylor and Kailey
I still can't believe summer is over. I am liking the cooler nights and mornings. I love fall if it is just cooler and not cold! Hopefully we get a good fall this year but you never know with Utah weather!
3 comments:
holy moly Jack is a cutie. You know, I just realized that I never even got to hold him when I was in Utah. How sad is that!?
I remember those first couple months with John and Molly and NOT getting any sleep. I feel for you.
I use to tell Nick that my dream was to go to hotel with lots of blankets and pillows and do nothing but sleep for an entire night.
It was seriously my dream wish.
Someday!
Connor really is such a trooper. John loves praying for him. We were in the grocery store the other day and he saw some cheetos and he said "look mom, Connor's cheetos."
It made me laugh.
Hey! I didn't get to hold him either. And those little chubs are so adorable.
You guys are both whiners about the sleep. Do we remember Holland? Awake until 3am EVERY night. We watched a lot of Jane Austen. I miss it (but then I've always been a night person). If I could hold a baby and write I think I'd be popping out books like muffins.
Such a bummer on Connor. He deals with it well though.
Way fun update!! I love all the pictures! Im glad that Conor's leg is doing ok! Weird though, im hoping that they can figure out the deal as he gets older, if it happens again, but heaven forbid it does!!!!
Jack is getting big! How is it that they get big so fast? Weird and sad! Im glad he's a good baby and im glad that Conor is a great big brother! So fun to have 2 kids!! I love the 3rd picture of you and conor....oh wait the 2nd picure I think....super duper cute!! Wow...where did the summer go? AHHHH!!! Love ya! Glad to see everything is going good!!!
Post a Comment