What a great weekend we had! The nice weather makes it so much better! It also makes it harder for me to want to go to work! I just want to spend my days playing outside with Connor! I really do believe that sunshine makes you happier though and I am so happy that my little boy LOVES to be outside as much as I do!
Saturday was my Grandma Judy's birthday and Sunday Grandma Davis's. We went to both their houses to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY! While at my Grandma Judy's I didn't get any pictures but we played ring around the rosies, tag, and hide and seek. I realized at 31 weeks pregnant I really shouldn't and can't play tag even if it is Connor chasing me LOL. After Grandma Judy's we headed to Grandma D's where I had some AMAZING chocolate cake and then we played outside of course! This time I did take some pictures.


This kid could LIVE in a sand box if I let him. Seriously he LOVES to play in the sand!
Ok now on to Saturday's festivities. The pictures of course are what we did last 1st (when will blogger fix this?!).


After a fun day of playing outside and a barbeque at Billy's parents we went bowling. Connor LOVED it! The whole time the ball would be going down he would be jumping up and down. After it would knock the pins down he would turn around and cheer and clap and jump up and down some more. I kept trying to get a good picture and sadly this blurry one is the best one I got.
After playing outside before we went bowling Connor relaxed for a bit playing on the computer and playing the piano. He loves to play all the Jump Start and Reader Rabbit games at Billy's moms. He plays all of them and they are up to 1st grade.
Connor is such a good winker! I never even taught him how to wink he just started doing it before he was 2!
Throwing tennis balls through the holes. I didn't get any pictures of it but Billy's family and I had fun shooting nerf darts through them.


Jumping on the tramp. I got his squirt gun and squirted him and the tramp while he jumped and loved it. He loves the squirt gun we got him too and had fun chasing us all and squirting us!
A quick update on our lives. For those of you that don't know Billy got an internship at the Lionhouse Bakery! He is so excited and it is where he has always wanted to work! His schedule is even more crazy which I didn't think was possible. He will be working there Monday Wednesday and Friday from 4 am to noon. I don't get to see him at all Mondays or Tuesdays because Mondays after that he has school from 1 to 6 and I work 3 to 11. Tuesdays he works at Target from 4 to noon then goes to school from 1 pm to 10 pm. He is going to just sleep at his moms Tuesday nights because after getting done with school at 10 he has to be to the Lion House at 4 am. His mom lives in South Jordan so it is a lot faster plus his school is in Draper so can get to bed faster too. Wednesdays and Thursdays we get to for just a couple hours in between everything and then we have Friday nights and some weekends. We have Friday nights except for once a month when I have to close Fridays which is this Friday. It is my closing weekend which means he opens so I will probably see him for a total of like 4 hours this week. Pretty sad huh! His finals for this semester are the week I am due haha. No seriously his last final is my exact due date. We obviously didn't plan that out! He will graduate next year in March. There is a light at the end of the tunnel.
Some quick advertising of my husband's work :)
He made this cake for my cousin Cristi's baby's 1st birthday.
He made this cake for Easter just for fun. It was soooo delicious!
We haven't even started getting baby Jack's room ready. This pregnancy has flown by so fast and I just procrastinate getting everything ready a lot more! The room that is going to be his is Billy's junk room. It is bad! If I cleaned it I would just throw everything in there away so he needs too LOL. Baby Jack will probably sleep in a bassinet in our room for a little bit but still we have got to have the room ready before he is born! Swings, bouncer, bassinet, car seat, etc. is all still in our storage. I haven't bought any diapers but that I am procrastinating on purpose because Connor has only been potty trained for 2 months and I really want my 4 months of not buying diapers :).
I have a couple random questions on Connor that I need advice on.
How do you teach your kid how to pedal? I think he knows how or could do it he just really doesn't want too. I will be like Connor pedal and he says I don't want to pedal or I don't need to pedal!
Secondly how do you get them to drink from a regular cup and not a sippy cup? Connor refuses to drink from a normal cup! I have tried the whole sippy cups are for babies like I did with diapers and it's not working. He LOVES his sippy cups! He isn't even very good at drinking from a regular cup because he never will! This kid is a stubborn one :).











6 comments:
Great post! Love all the pictures, we are loving the warm weather too! :) YAY for a light at the end of the tunnel...that has to help when living with that crazy schedule, right??? You guys are amazing!
As for the pedaling, I want advice too, the dr said this summer he(Brecken) should be able to pedal a bike, and he is the same way, I don't need to pedal...so I'm all ears for any advice you get :)
The sippy thing, we just did that about a month ago! I told the boys about the 'Sippy Fairy' who comes to take ALL our sippies to babies who are ready to get rid of their bottles and leaves us a surprise for sharing our sippies...SO I had the boys load all our sippies (and we had a LOT) in a bag and before they went to bed we put the bag on the front porch with a note for the Sippy Fairy, when they woke up in the morning we checked the porch and there was a note from the fairy saying thank you for sharing and a pack of bubbles and sidewalk chalk for the boys....
I LOVE LOVE LOVE not having to deal with sippies any more, I hate them!
Hi Am! I haven't read your blog in so long... (I haven't read anyone's blog in so long, lol) but it was fun to stop by and see all of your cute pictures. Connor is so cute and so smart. It's fun to read all of your stories about him.
Pedaling may be harder to teach when you've got a belly in the way, wink! I found the quickest way is by bending down and putting my hands on top of their feet. Move their feet while saying, "kick, kick, kick," or "push, push, push" as their feet go around and around. After they do it a few times, you can stand in front of the bike and play chase ("don't get me, Connor! Oh no, you're going to get my legs, ahh!") LOL. It took Eva a few weeks of this. Some kids develop the skill quicker than others, depending on thier desire. That's my advice.
Sippy cups? Don't ask me! I still let my older kids have sippies in the living room because sometimes they want chocolate milk while watching a movie, and I don't mind. :) I did love the advice about the sippy fairy.
Good luck!
-Amber #2
I love the cakes! Wow, I'm very impressed Billy. Those cakes look perfect. You guys have a busy life. There is a light at the end of the tunnel though, just remember that.
I agree your pregnancy has flown by way fast. I can't believe you're already 31 weeks, holy cow! We need to get together again, I loved hanging out with you! Call me and we'll play outside cause Presley loves it too!
Conor takes the best pictures playing out side, he is truely a kid who loves the out doors! So fun. About the pedeling and drinking from a cut.....just put him in a situation where he has to and wants to figure it out.... I dont know if thats the right way, but if coy had that problem i'd probably just make myself put him in a situation where he would have to figure it out. it just takes time, every child is different. Atleast Conor knows how to read! If he's the bomb at something its reading for sure!!!!!!!!!! hahah. Lovin the warm weather. I've been wanting to leave a comment on here for a while, but i hardly get a minuet to sit down and write! Your pregnancy is going so fast, wow! How does that happen?? Lets do something again soon, sorry Im MIA, but you know why ;)
Keep in touch, love you lots!
hey, Amber, how can I get a hold of Natasha Jones? My mom wants to talk to her. My #'s 717-6000 and my emails brentmangum@hotmail.com
Post a Comment