Wednesday, May 6, 2009

My little Einstein

I am using my bragging rights as a Mom to brag that my son is a genius! I am not exaggerating he is 2 years old and can spell words! I have posted videos below to prove it! If you all remember he new his ABC's, could identify every letter, count to 20 and identify numbers 1-20, colors, shapes all before he was 2! Well he has not slowed down or gotten sick of letters he still is very interested by them and wants to learn every thing he can about them. In his books he will point to every word in it and spell the letters out loud and then say what the word is. If he doesn't know he will spell it out loud and then say what that spell? I will not be surprised if he is reading before he is 3! He can write some letters but only like around 8 of them. At least once a week he writes a new one though and most the time I don't even show him how! He will just be sitting at the table coloring and say I draw H mommy and I look and it is an H! Amazing!


I thought I would throw this on here. I took it today when we were outside playing enjoying the beautiful weather! Hopefully it will stick around for good this time!



This is Connor playing a spelling game called First Word Animals on my iphone. When I first got the game it showed the letters and then he would move the letter to where it showed it. I took off the letter hints so it shows no letters and he can spell every word on it!


I thought I would put this on here of Connor singing. He LOVES to sing and does all the time! It's funny cuz songs I sing to him all the time I didn't even know he knew the words too and then one day he starts singing and knows every word to all of them!


These are pretty much all the words Connor can spell out loud when you ask him too.




I love this boy so much and he brings so much joy to our lives! He is so entertaining to listen to and have conversations with! He seriously says the funniest things! He is such a happy, loving boy and really is so good. I don't think he is a "terrible two" and am very grateful for that! In the morning after he wakes me up and I am a little groggy he will say HI HI HI mommy in a really high voice and if I just say hi in a normal voice he will keep saying it till I say it all high and happy like him. Also if I say something in an onrey tone he will say be happy be happy. Kinda hard to get mad at him cuz when I do he just says no be happy LOL.

7 comments:

Betsy Lee said...

Wow! He IS a genius! Bragging rights are yours! lol Now you just have the task of finding ways to stimulate him. Very cool!

Wilkinson Family said...

WOW! Genius indeed, brag all you can :)

Mason Manor said...

You are right...hi is so smart! I love all the videos. :)

Nick and Amera said...

That is pretty impressive and you should brag about it! Thats awesome and seriously, I sometimes wonder if McCoy is just a tad bit smarter than the typical 2 year old too. However, he cant spell words but I've worked on letters and numbers with him for a while. Give your self props girly! Your boy is a genius and you must have done something right! Amber! Im going to have this baby and then we are going to play for sure! Im so sorry! Do you hate me? Hopefully she'll be here next week....we'll see. But trust me, when I can fit behind the wheel and fit into a decent shirt, we will definatly get together! So fun! Love ya!

Jessica GaleForce said...

Agreed! I give you full bragging right! Plus the fact that he is so young and to be doing that kind of stuff on his own, its seriously awesome! You probably should get him enrolled in some kind of class or something. So he can let his little wings fly!!

Sherry said...

You make me laugh and I make you cry. What a pair we are. I'm glad you like what I right, and I'm already a writer, now I'm just working on being an author.
Have you looked into music lessons? Verbal skills are linked with music. Maybe Connor is the next Mozart or Hilary Hahn.

Elizabeth said...

He is so smart he was close to spelling in St george too... What game is that on the phone??

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...