Wednesday, March 23, 2011
Disappointed
I know a lot of you are wanting an update on Connor. Thank you so much for all your concerns, words, thoughts and prayers. It means a lot and really does help. We took Connor to Primary Children's today hoping to find out what is wrong with him. Instead he got an x ray done and his leg casted. We got told that we had to make an appointment with a genetics Doctor to find out what is wrong with Connor. They said it takes a really long time to get in. It can take up to 6 months. 6 months ago his leg was broken. We were told to call Primary Children's to find out if Connor has osteopenia. We thought he would be getting tested for it. We didn't even know that they were going to cast his leg today we were told he was going to wear the ace wrap for 2 weeks. We were confused. Disappointed. Let down. We feel like we wasted our time. Again. Why would we drive all the way up there just for him to get his leg casted? We are feeling discouraged. Desperately seeking answers and just wanting to be told what our son has. Sorry that this blog post is so negative. You all know I am not a negative person. Don't worry I'm still the same positive happy Amber. I just am worried Mom too. We are keeping our chins up for Connor's sake. We need to be there to support him and for him to rely on. We are definitely feeling down but we are ok too. We aren't mopey and depressed like this blog post is making me sound. I just needed to vent. I already feel better. I am still scared and worried but I know it's in the Lords hands. I know that if we just keep our faith and stay strong we will get answers. I am getting impatient after 4 broken legs. I know that I can wait though I just am frustrated. I won't lose faith though I will keep having more faith and keep getting stronger from it. I will keep praying till I cry. I will keep going and I will get answers I know it. I just wish I had them now. I want to be able to know what he has so I can help him, he can get treated, and so that we can hopefully PREVENT it from happening again. I'm not looking for sympathy or wanting you all to feel sorry for us. I am just needing to vent and looking for PRAYERS. Please continue to pray for Connor. I know prayer works and I believe in the power of prayer. Pray that it won't take 6 months till we can get him into a genetics Doctor. We are meeting with pediatrician on Tuesday. They said that he can request a consultation with a gentics Doctor and in the consult explain our situation and see if we can get in earlier. Please pray that we can get in earlier than 6 months and that we can as soon as possible. Thank you so much. I promise I will do an update soon with cute pics of my cute kiddos and hopefully Disneyland post soon too. The Doctor today looked at the X-ray and said that it did look like he has osteopenia. He can't diagnose him with it though because "he's not qualified too". He just told us we had to go to a genetic's Doctor. Hmmph. Oh Connor picked pink again for his cast. He didn't even hesitate when they asked him what color he wants. He just said Pink. My favorite color. He sure knows how to pull it off :). It sure was traumatizing to watch them put the pretty err cool hot pink cast on him. Traumatizing for both of us. Sadly he now remembers what it's like and is just traumatized.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Amber you're so amazing!! I don't think the post is negative at all. I would be so frustrated and worried too, but you're being so faithful and hopeful and to me that's positive!!! The unknown is not very fun, but I will for sure be adding Connor and your family in my prayers and when I visit the temple I will add you all to the prayer list!!! I love you all!!!
I am so sorry Amber! You vent all that you want to!!! It will make you feel better. :) You guys are in our thoughts and prayers!
Post a Comment