
Noooo Mommy!
Don't take my picture!
Swing me!
This boy loves
In front of the temple doors.
Just being the silly boy that he is!
Well we are doing good other than that! My pregnancy is still going good. Jack is moving and kicking all the time. He likes to in the middle of the night for like an hour straight. He is going to be a handful lol. Today due to a friend's reccomendation I found a pre school in the price range I was looking for for Connor and I got him signed up for the fall! I am so excited! He loves to learn and I think he will love it.
When I was picking up Connor a couple weeks ago from nursery one of the nursery workers said to me I just have to ask. How did you teach him how to read? I told him I really didn't do much. He just has loved letters since before he was 2 and pretty much taught himself (Which is the truth) He then said we were all blown away by his reading today.
I decided that
Connor ='s
Don't worry Billy and I are NOTHING like her parents and definitely have done more than they have just by getting apps on my iphone, leap frog games, and finding him computer games. We do this though because he LOVES them. We have never done anything to push him to read. I would never be the type of mom to try and make my (then 2 year old) read. It really was just one day in church Billy opened a book and pointed to the words and he read every single one. Now he reads books that say they are at a Stage 3. He does this website starfall.com which is learn to read with phonics. It has 4 levels the last one being I'm reading and he does them all. I am not trying to brag or boast or throw it anyones face TRUST ME. I am more so saying this for my memory and journaling purposes, and also because people ask and wonder how in the heck did you get him to read. The answer is he is like Matilda and taught himself lol. He has some kind of photographic memory. He knows every song and who sings it on my i phone. There are songs on the radio that I don't even know that he tells me what they are. He is so smart I worry I don't know what to do with him, and it is beyond me how in the heck he is so smart! Well I guess if he is like Matilda I better watch out for some super powers and moving things with his finger LOL jk!
This kid cracks me up every day. He says that his name is Connor "Action" Dahle. He gave this name to himself. I will say Connor your so silly and he will say no I'm Connor Action.
Yesterday he was making up "Once upon a time" stories and they went from Once upon a time their was a bubble and it popped The End. To long stories about moles in holes in the ground turning into jets and ponies meeting movie stars. LOVE his imagination!
I am so excited for him to be a big brother. Yes it will be a big adjustment. Yes he will probably act out and it will be hard at 1st. I know that he is going to be a good big brother though. The other day he said he wanted to watch Baby Einstein and then he said I can't wait for baby Jack to watch baby Einstein with me. He will love it!
Things like that just melt my heart and make me so excited!
He asks me all the time. What is Jack doing? so cute!
Ok well I will stop my rambling now. Can't wait for this yucky up and down spring teasing us with being warm and then it snowing to be over! So ready for just sunshine and playing outside! Connor and I got to a lot last week due to warm weather at the beginning of the week and then going to St.George. The 1st day we went out was last Monday and he was sooo excited to just do the simple things that he LOVES like coloring with sidewalk chalk, and throwing rocks in the water. It was so much fun to see him run around outside and get all his energy out. We are tired of being cooped up!












4 comments:
What a smart boy! He is so cute! I love reading your blog! :)
I really want to go to St george again that was so fun last time.. And you are allowed to BRAG! He is a super smart boy and you can be proud of him and tell EVERYONE.
Hey, when you got it, ya got it! and Conor has it! Your not bragging Amber, hello, your the first to admit you havent pushed anything. Parents who push, set themselv'es up for poor performance. But conor is self taught, kind of how Nick is with ARt...if ya got it, ya got it! Sadly I dont got it hahahahh but Nick and Coy sure do!! I think that was a great post! Way to go Conor! And way to go Amber for encouraging but not pressuring. Love it.
You're such a cute pregnant mom! That's fun you got to go to St. George. I love it there, so nice and warm.
Post a Comment